t.apophysis who`s got em?

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey to all, so who all has a goliath pink foot? Just wondering.I got one just a little 2 incher. =D It`s my pride and joy!

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW Midwest, thats simply beutyfull. Love that t

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Here's my little guy... He's very happy about the photo too :D

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
How do you tell the differance between a adult apophysis and a adult blondi. This was was sold to me as a apophysis, but how do i know for sure?

Attachments

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey johny i heard at swifts website that the pink foot gets records claiming in excess of 13 inches in leg span. but they can get really big.

hope this gives you an idea.

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im not sure... but i think that i read somewhere that Pinkfoots can get a longer legspan but that goliaths are much more heavy bodied....from this the goliaths getting dubbed "the biggest spider in the world"....i dont know, i think i read it in a caresheet or something

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey , I was tolled that the apophysis get heavy`r bodied than the blondi. so is this not true? i`m confused:confused:

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Here's mine :)

Joy

Last edited:

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for that link and all those t`s are buetiful sorry i can`t post pics of mine .No camera, sorry:( But i love those pics.

Thanks,

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
About which is larger, T. blondi or T. apophysis.....Guinness book has a T. blondi at just over 11 inches to be the largest spider in the world. That record is old, I think from before T. apophysis was even discovered. I have also heard and read about T. apophysis exceeding this and being 13+ inches. I would LOVE to see that and hope that anyone who does have a spider that large would contact Guinness book to have the "official" record changed.

-Jill