T Apophysis any Reputable breeders or people with slings?

penngomifan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello, its been about 10 years I think sense I last posted on this board. I was heavily in the hobby as a teen, had about 40 different species? I am guessing.... Forgot the scientific names even forgot all of which I owned. The biggest, coolest Tarantula I ever had was a king baboon. She was a beast! 8 inches easy! More like a Queen Baboon. Never seen another like her Ever in the trade, very powerful! She was wild caught, but I got her to molt twice! She died and I kinda fell out of the hobby around that time. Anyways I Never plan to own that many again. I would love to get my hands on a T. Apophysis but it seems they are hard to come by?? Most are actually T blondi? is this true? Also is it possible for them to be hybrids? I was told Hybrids can not reproduce so that makes me think that would be a small possibility of any of them actually being hybrids... Anyways is there anyone out there who has or produces or breeds T. Apophysis? Thanks in advance....

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Hello, its been about 10 years I think sense I last posted on this board. I was heavily in the hobby as a teen, had about 40 different species? I am guessing.... Forgot the scientific names even forgot all of which I owned. The biggest, coolest Tarantula I ever had was a king baboon. She was a beast! 8 inches easy! More like a Queen Baboon. Never seen another like her Ever in the trade, very powerful! She was wild caught, but I got her to molt twice! She died and I kinda fell out of the hobby around that time. Anyways I Never plan to own that many again. I would love to get my hands on a T. Apophysis but it seems they are hard to come by?? Most are actually T blondi? is this true? Also is it possible for them to be hybrids? I was told Hybrids can not reproduce so that makes me think that would be a small possibility of any of them actually being hybrids... Anyways is there anyone out there who has or produces or breeds T. Apophysis? Thanks in advance....
I have seen 1" T apophysis sling, at an online dealer . Was thinking about buying one for myself .

penngomifan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Right on charlie! I dont ever plan to have the collection I once did, but would love to raise one and own one!

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Right on charlie! I dont ever plan to have the collection I once did, but would love to raise one and own one!
I believe "Charlie" is in Sweden or at least that is where her location says she is at on AB. I believe you are from Palmdale which is not too far away from myself. Point is....here is a thread on all 3 Giants http://arachnoboards.com/threads/the-trio-theraphosa-species.284296/. Feel free to pm me if interested and note they all go for a hefty price these days.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Since you've been gone, the Theraphosa genus has undergone a revision. There are now three species: blondi, apophysis, and stirmi. Stirmi is the new one, and its common name is Burgundy Goliath. It's the most common Theraphosa in the hobby with the blondis being almost impossible to find. Apophysis apparently aren't too rare.

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Wondering? How are T apophysis to care for compared to the other two? I was looking for a blondi,but can only find T apophysis shipped to Sweden?

penngomifan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I believe "Charlie" is in Sweden or at least that is where her location says she is at on AB. I believe you are from Palmdale which is not too far away from myself. Point is....here is a thread on all 3 Giants http://arachnoboards.com/threads/the-trio-theraphosa-species.284296/. Feel free to pm me if interested and note they all go for a hefty price these days.
You live close to Palmdale!? Wow I didn't realize my profile said palmdale lol, I have sense moved in a town called California City, which is further up. Where are you from If you dont mind me asking? There is 3 now?

penngomifan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Since you've been gone, the Theraphosa genus has undergone a revision. There are now three species: blondi, apophysis, and stirmi. Stirmi is the new one, and its common name is Burgundy Goliath. It's the most common Theraphosa in the hobby with the blondis being almost impossible to find. Apophysis apparently aren't too rare.
Yeah I am seeing that there is 3 now lol??? OK so I got some more reading to do! Back in the day or well when I was in the hobby the Apophysis was rare, and hard to get a hold of the Blondi on the other hand was Everywhere! Looks like I got a bit of reading to do.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
T stirmi is what was being marketed as blondi last u were around. T stirmi are much cheaper and easier to care for. Under $100 for a T stirmi, $250 for either of the other two. I only have a T stirmi, but I've read countless hours on all three, and the other two often end in death. Anything past T stirmi is too pricey and advanced for me.

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah I am seeing that there is 3 now lol??? OK so I got some more reading to do! Back in the day or well when I was in the hobby the Apophysis was rare, and hard to get a hold of the Blondi on the other hand was Everywhere! Looks like I got a bit of reading to do.
Did not say I was in Palmdale, but am in So Cal, you announced where you were from in a thread in 07 (simple search in posts), again if interested feel free to PM me.

Not almost impossible as all 3 in that thread came from me, several others picked some up from me, and if someone really wanted one they just need to pm me or get in touch with me as my contact info is there. Apophysis are just as rare to come by as blondi.

T stirmi is what was being marketed as blondi last u were around. T stirmi are much cheaper and easier to care for. Under $100 for a T stirmi, $250 for either of the other two. I only have a T stirmi, but I've read countless hours on all three, and the other two often end in death. Anything past T stirmi is too pricey and advanced for me.
Agree they are pricey, but do not agree about them being more difficult to care for. I don't know of anyone losing any I imported and you can see the owner of that thread are all doing very well.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Most of those "blondis" were likely stirmis. This is the difference between the two:

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some of you guys gotta experience owning these species before posting and stating that one or the other is hard to keep alive. Just because one hobbyists stated that he or she had issues doesn't mean everyone else will. All three are easy to keep why? Because I have dealt with all three species more than once to many times.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Almost impossible in the states, but here in Europe they're not rare at all :p

And I agree with Jose - I have no idea where the myth that apophysis and blondi are hard to care for came from. They ABSOLUTELY are not, its time to learn that and accept it as a fact. I see so much misinformation being parroted everywhere around the forums its ridiculous...

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Almost impossible in the states, but here in Europe they're not rare at all :p

And I agree with Jose - I have no idea where the myth that apophysis and blondi are hard to care for came from. They ABSOLUTELY are not, its time to learn that and accept it as a fact. I see so much misinformation being parroted everywhere around the forums its ridiculous...
"I see so much misinformation being parroted everywhere around the forums its ridiculous.."

Like this statement "Almost impossible in the states".....again as I stated, I have access to them no problem all anyone has to do is get in contact with me. I also encourage all to read entire threads thoroughly as individuals tend to miss other responses :spitoutdummy:

Last edited:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
"I see so much misinformation being parroted everywhere around the forums its ridiculous.."

Like this statement "Almost impossible in the states".....again as I stated, I have access to them no problem all anyone has to do is get in contact with me. I also encourage all to read entire threads thoroughly as individuals tend to miss other responses :spitoutdummy:
If you have blondis then I'd love to buy from you some day :D

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
If you have blondis then I'd love to buy from you some day :D
You have contacted me before I believe on Chacos if I am not mistaken and I sent the information to Cold blood......pretty sure that worked out for you if I remember. Point is you know how to get in touch with me when your ready.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
The biggest, coolest Tarantula I ever had was a king baboon. She was a beast! 8 inches easy! More like a Queen Baboon.
Have you also heard that the scientific name for the King Baboon has changed as well? It's not Citharischius crawshayi anymore. It's Pelinobius muticus. Way way easier to pronounce.