T. Albopilosum egg sac... phantom?

Jenissuper

Arachnopeon
1k babies?! hehe not that many. highly variable, you could have a dozen survivors up to 3-400 depending on the species. there are dealers that'll buy slings in bulk. some advertise here. but yes it's very involved if you get a good sac. I'd pull it at 14-21 days and try to incubate, see if anything will hatch!
IF you get babies, you'll get tons of help don't worry!
I’ll do everything I can for mama and babies! This is my first unplanned pregnancy, and the father is totally out of the picture! I’ll check into the dealers and see if I can work something out. Thank you for your advice!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I’ll do everything I can for mama and babies! This is my first unplanned pregnancy, and the father is totally out of the picture! I’ll check into the dealers and see if I can work something out. Thank you for your advice!
the father drank too much and the mother got a restraining order. Now the father can’t come within 100 inches of the spider web.

BrittanyS

Arachnopeon
So I actually pulled the sac today since she abandoned it a couple of days ago, she buried it under dirt and sat beside it and didn't mess with it. There were 238 eggs that weren't brown or black, but a milky yellow and white color. I'm hoping that the eggs will gain some legs in a couple of weeks (or however long it takes). If she actually has babies from that sac, we are naming her Mary :rofl: because we didn't know of her being paired lol immaculate conception

Jenissuper

Arachnopeon
So I actually pulled the sac today since she abandoned it a couple of days ago, she buried it under dirt and sat beside it and didn't mess with it. There were 238 eggs that weren't brown or black, but a milky yellow and white color. I'm hoping that the eggs will gain some legs in a couple of weeks (or however long it takes). If she actually has babies from that sac, we are naming her Mary :rofl: because we didn't know of her being paired lol immaculate conception
she’s got a lot of dirt wrapped up on the egg sack, but she’s right on it. As long as she keeps taking good care of the sack I’ll leave it with her.

Attachments

Mbuch

Arachnopeon
Joining this thread! LOL
I just got my first T albo a few weeks ago from a friend that is an isopod breeder. He thought he'd try Ts, but decided she was boring. Well, she began digging and webbing up an area pretty heavily a couple days ago, and then this morning I found she'd made a sac!! I was definitely not expecting this!
I'm simultaneously excited as well as daunted. I really hope it's not a phantom sac, but also think I'd be relieved!

Jenissuper

Arachnopeon
Congratulations!! My curly had been very doting, and rolling it regularly and ten A8C415ED-0989-4B2A-B22B-35E2F5F5E50C.jpeg ding it. But it’s weirdly flat. She’s been on it for two weeks. If it were a phantom sac she would have tossed it, right?