T. Albopilosous or G. Pulchripes?

Skullion

Arachnopeon
Should I get an Albo or a G. Pulchripes as my first tarantula? G Pulchripes is more expensive where I'm looking, and it's being bought as a gift so I'm hesitant, but I definitely want to get the right spider.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Didn’t you already ask this in another post??
Meaning peeps already gave you input

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No. I didn't. That was B. Hamorii not G. Pulchripes.
Not this exact question- but you asked already and people gave you input.
Asking the same type of question and adding in a different species isn’t going to change anything etc etc

just make a decision- it’s your T soon

Skullion

Arachnopeon
Not this exact question- but you asked already and people gave you input.
Asking the same type of question and adding in a different species isn’t going to change anything etc etc

just make a decision- it’s your T soon
Eh, true I suppose. I'm just paranoid about making the wrong decision because I'm indecisive about *~everything in life~*.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Eh, true I suppose. I'm just paranoid about making the wrong decision because I'm indecisive about *~everything in life~*.
listen to yourself “wrong decision”

theres no wrong decision on the 3 species across 2 identical posts

cold blood

Staff member
no wrong decision to be made....these are 2 of the best, if not THE 2 best readily available beginner species....both are active, both are great eaters and while neither grow fast, they dont grow glacially slow either like many of the other good beginner species.

Sambro

Arachnosquire
I own both and I can recommend both.
I have two G.Pulchripes, they have a good growth rate and great eaters. They kind of be a little skittish, but I found that with the T.albopilousous who is very reclusive and sits in his hole all day, and it's a rare sight to catch him outside. (Maybe thing will change once its matured)
But if you want a good size T, G.Pulchripes is the way to go! Which ever you choose, you will get years caring for your T! If you have the budget why not get both? I know G.Pilchripes tend to be expensive due to the demand of the species (Plus who doesn't love them golden bands?)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
They're the two best readily available beginner species you can get tbh so you can't really go wrong either way. Both are good eaters, both are visible, both grow at a fairly decent rate compared to a lot of other beginner species, and both are bulldozers so you'll usually catch them doing something.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm a little bit biased, so I'll say albo. They are a little less expensive compared to G. pulchripes, not quite as colourful, but you do get one unique trait out of them : The High level of Floof. No other spider which I've seen so far looks as fuzzy as the albo. They are fantastic eaters, rarely fasting and females can be expected to reach 20+ years if taken care well. They're basically bulletproof, so it's not hard unless you mess up somehow.

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
The species you named in both threads is T.albo…

I think you have your answer! ;)