T. albo sling building a dirt volcano?

TattoosandTs99

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I just picked up my first T. albo sling (.5 inches US ) and she has created an interesting burrow where she is excavating the moist bottom substrate and making sort of a dirt volcano? Its really cool, but I was wondering if this is normal or if it is an indication that maybe she doesn't like having a moist lower level to burrow to? I just want to make sure my husbandry is OK. The cup is probably around 5-6 OZ and I got her one week ago. She has eaten once (cricket leg scavenge feed).
IMG_1712.jpeg

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Ah, a newbie to burrowing species. When it makes that volcano then leave it alone and make sure you keep adequate humidity levels per depth.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
'Dirt vulcano' :rofl:
Never heard it being called that before!

Perfectly normal. This species burrows a lot as slings but most stay out in the open more once they get bigger. Set up looks good, sling looks healthy; no need to worry. ;)

Craig73

Arachnoangel
The photos are impressive. Mine trashed the place. I’m positive my obt had way more thought into its pile of mess.

Super fun T, they’re mini bulldozers and excavators.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
but I was wondering if this is normal or if it is an indication that maybe she doesn't like having a moist lower level to burrow to?
Normal, and it means it does like it and it’s settling in. Just keep the bottom layer moist now.