T.Albo saliva on tank

soopersoop21

Arachnopeon
This is the second time in a few days my 2” T.Albo has salivated On The inside of his enclosure. Basically looked like water droplets right under his Mouth. He’s also closed off his burrow. He ate a wax worm on Sunday. He’s my first T. Should I be expecting him to molt? The underside of his abdomen doesn’t look “shiny” and I know that’s one of the signs. And is once a week sufficient for food?

sasker

Arachnoprince
Tarantulas sometimes do that. Sometimes they are grooming and leave droplets on the glass. Nothing to worry about. Don't worry about it closing off its burrow. It may open again, it may moult. The fact that it ate a week ago leads me to believe that a moult is not super close. Once a week is sufficient for food. At this size, you are not really at risk of overfeeding yet.

The underside of his abdomen doesn’t look “shiny” and I know that’s one of the signs.
Shiny underside as a 'sign'? Never heard of that.

soopersoop21

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas sometimes do that. Sometimes they are grooming and leave droplets on the glass. Nothing to worry about. Don't worry about it closing off its burrow. It may open again, it may moult. The fact that it ate a week ago leads me to believe that a moult is not super close. Once a week is sufficient for food. At this size, you are not really at risk of overfeeding yet.

Shiny underside as a 'sign'? Never heard of that.
Yea, someone told me that their abdomen will get tight and start to look a bit shiny. 🤷‍♀️ Thank you!
I can see him. He made his burrow next to the side. He’s just hanging out. Should I drop live prey in to see if he will dig out and eat it? Then remove after 25 if he ignores it? Sorry if Isound ignorant. I’ve done soooooo much research, but these specificquestions aren’t really answered for us newbies

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Yea, someone told me that their abdomen will get tight and start to look a bit shiny. 🤷‍♀️ Thank you!
I can see him. He made his burrow next to the side. He’s just hanging out. Should I drop live prey in to see if he will dig out and eat it? Then remove after 25 if he ignores it? Sorry if Isound ignorant. I’ve done soooooo much research, but these specificquestions aren’t really answered for us newbies
If they are sealed up it's a sign they aren't interested in anything going on in the outside world. Wait until they emerge

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
It's not specifically the underside of the abdomen that gets shiny, it's the entire abdomen. Once a T gets close enough to a molt, anywhere where the urticating setae are missing you'll be able to see the new exoskeleton growing underneath the old one. The new exo pushes outwards on the old exo, thinning it a bit and making it appear shiny

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
1x a week— sure it’s enough if you’re keeping him in Nazi concentration camp :rofl:

I always feed my slings and juvi more than 1x a week

soopersoop21

Arachnopeon
Lol. Thank you! But not right now since he’s burrowed in, correct? Once he emerges?

magouilles

Arachnoknight
Lol. Thank you! But not right now since he’s burrowed in, correct? Once he emerges?
yes wait til he comes out
i've had ts molt even if their abdomen isn't super shiny so he might be in pre-molt or simply full, nevertheless not interested in food
i offer slings food every 3-4 days or slightly less often depending on the specie