T. Albo age question

Chancho1507

Arachnopeon
So I recently got my first T, which I'm pretty sure is a Nicaraguan Tliltocatl Albopilosis. It's about 4.2" long and I was curious if it would be considered an adult at this size. I'll leave a picture below.

Attachments

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
4~ Inches is what i consider a sub-adult,5+ inches is what i consider an adult. My male matured at 5 inches,so females go slightly larger than that i suppose.

Chancho1507

Arachnopeon
4~ Inches is what i consider a sub-adult,5+ inches is what i consider an adult. My male matured at 5 inches,so females go slightly larger than that i suppose.
Ok, so I’m guessing at this size I still can’t tell if it’s a male or female by just looking at it right?

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Ok, so I’m guessing at this size I still can’t tell if it’s a male or female by just looking at it right?
Not really,since even at 4 inches both male and female look identical. What you CAN do,is grab a picture of it's underside (ventral) side of the abdomen,and post it on

T.albos should be fairly easy to sex so i'll take a look once you upload!

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
You can tell if a female is sexually mature by her spermatheca, but it’s kind of difficult to pinpoint exactly aside from that. Mature males are pretty obvious. He/she isn’t fully grown at that size though. I know it sucks but waiting for the molt and being able to sex and tell if he/she is sexually mature is your only option. If it turns out female it doesn’t matter much how old she is in months/years, you’ll have a very long time to enjoy her.

Chancho1507

Arachnopeon
Is a female
What makes you sure of that?

Not really,since even at 4 inches both male and female look identical. What you CAN do,is grab a picture of it's underside (ventral) side of the abdomen,and post it on

She just sealed her burrow so I guess its gonna be a while until I can take you up on that lmao

Chancho1507

Arachnopeon

I was able to get a picture and just uploaded it