T addiction

mcdeez

Arachnopeon
I went from owning a single rosea as a joke 8 months ago to now owning 26 different t's and for some reason still wanting more, anyone else have this problem.

a seemani(x7), a avic(x2), b albopsilosum(x2), b smithi(x4), e campestratus, g aureostriata(x2), g rosea(x2), h lividum, h gigas, l parahybana(x2), p murinus, t blondi. and a emperor scorpion.

moodymoo

Arachnopeon
Yup. I have three 'T's' at the moment and I'm hoping to supplement my collection this weekend with a gorgeous Costa Rican Tiger Rump. Maybe my addiction will be sated after this. I somehow doubt it :D

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have this problem with pets in general. I am pretty patient on buying Tarantulas. I think people do this with T's because they take up little space, are generally cheap and require little maintenence. It's easy to go overboard.

bluetubegroove

Arachnopeon
See. I'm all for having a variety of watch-it pets in your house. ( Watch-it meaning WATCH ONLY. ) But. I just couldn't sleep at night with one of the worlds biggest spider and a great number of his cousins in the same room. Not to say that i'll shun this comment later on in my T' days, but for right now one fuzzy animal is enough. :D

( BTW, :worship: to the Blondi )

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have this problem with pets in general. I am pretty patient on buying Tarantulas. I think people do this with T's because they take up little space, are generally cheap and require little maintenence. It's easy to go overboard.

Yeah, very easy. I love when I can say to myself..."hmm...an extra $20, what should I do with it?...MORE T's!

Plus, like mentioned above..it is so easy when they are such low maintenance pets compared to most, and taking less space lets me aquire more...lol. I have 10 right now, 13 by the end of the week, and I would safely assume 15 or more by the end of the month. I try to allow myself 1-3 T's a month...although last month I got 9...oops...:D

My girlfriend doesn't mind my habit, but she doesn't like that there are 10 little T's about 5 feet from her side of the bed...lol, she wants to switch me sides now.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I've got a list a mile long of all the pets I'm planing to get. I also spend alot of my time in the pet room with a tape measure thinking "Well, if those tanks moved down, and those others were moved sideways, than I may be able to squeeze in another 5.5gallon." My biggest problem though isn't my lack of space, its my lack of funds, the petstore I was working at just closed :( ~ Rex

Squeaksville

Arachnopeon
Yeah I just want one.....

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! :wall: Ok right now I have one (my b. smithi) by the end of this month I'll have 6 more! :eek: I told my friend that I just wanted one but now I'm seeing more and more I want!! {D This is I think the best pet by far to have. So easy to care for and very cool to watch!!! I dare not say that these 6 I'm getting will be my last. Time will tell!!! LOL :D

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think 99% of us are living proof of the addiction. I started out in May with my first 3, I now have 10 with another 2 or 3 coming hopefully tomorrow. By month end I will have about nearly 20. My misses agreed to 2. Mwahaha. Everytime I come home with a new addition she freaks out.

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, I have the same problem. I just got my first Ts. A week ago. I have slings of Brachypelma Smithi, Grammostola Aureostriata, Lasiodora Parahybana.

And now, I' m thinking of getting more if I go to the Montreal Expo. I also wanna get my first scorpion. :D

Fred

T Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have the same problem:D I started in February and now I have 26 and want more.

mcdeez

Arachnopeon
I just ordered 5 more slings raising my total to 31 i am just glad that i broke down and started a lobster roach colony.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am wantin to start a roach colony, but lack the roaches down here. :(
It really helps with all the T's. Plus they don't smell like the crics.

Psych0

Arachnopeon
I started 3 years ago and I ended up with 9. With my luck everyone was male except a versicolor that I bought as a female. A month ago I bought 2 geniculatas and today I have 13 T. And I want MORE. {D

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Face it... you have a problem... we all do... and it will just get worse. There will always be another spider that you will need to have. So many colors & temperaments to choose from.

I've become very good at sneaking new spiders into my house. My husband asks questions about how many do I have at home? How many do you have at school? I now make it sound like I am moving them back and forth for some odd reason...

When those around you wonder why you need another just come back here to AB for support... you will find lots of people who are far worse than you and then you go back to feeling ok; maybe even a bit deprived. I can hardly believe how many people manage to care for hundreds of spiders.

Now go watch your new spiders as your plan your next purchase!

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
addicitions tend to slow down once you start reaching the "really expensive to buy" species. :)

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've become very good at sneaking new spiders into my house. My husband asks questions about how many do I have at home? How many do you have at school? I now make it sound like I am moving them back and forth for some odd reason...
Ahh...very, very sneaky...lol. :worship:

addicitions tend to slow down once you start reaching the "really expensive to buy" species. :)
Haha, or you just start doubling up on the inexpensive ones...lol.

Either way...you can't hang around here long and not end up with more than one...or at least a wishlist of future purchases. Good luck controlling the addiction...the venom spreads fast. ;)

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am waiting for M Balfouri to become available by me. Then will stop at nothing to get a few.

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's it right there. If all T's were 150 USD and up The collections would be much different for the average owner. I noticed that a lot of folks don't want to spend 300 bucks on a T, but they will buy bulk orders of cheap species. Which come out to the same price anways. So for some I think it's a quantity thing, they would rather have 60 cheap tarantulas than 5 really expensive or rare ones, which leads to large collections very rapidly.

I would feel overwhelmed trying to give full and proper care to a hundred specimens. That's a part time job.