Symptoms of hair incur eye...

Shea

Arachnosquire
I have recently gotten a b smithi (I've posted here a couple of timesthe past few days.) and he only has kicked hairs a few times and only once while he was out if his cagge... And that was 2 days ago. Now ever since I got him my eyes have been watering but I think that's just paranoia. Just today my left eye started to burn and give me a head ache. Now didn't handle the T and only tried to feed him and touched his substrate to see how damp it was. I did not see him flick hairs all day. But I did wash my hands multiple times afterward and went to my gfs then the gym and then back to her house, I washed my hands then ate then washed my hands again and then during a movie my eyes started to water so I rubbed them and ever since my eye has been burning.
Do these sound like symptoms of U hairs in my eye? Or am I just being paranoid

Shea

Arachnosquire
when it flicks hairs do you get itchy anywhere else or any reaction
Ehhhh... Sometimes on my arms. But not bad at all. He has never flicked hairs while I was handling him.
But he does seem alot balder that when I first bought him even tho he only flicked a couple of times

ballpythonteen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mine used to flick hairs all the time try not to open the cage and maybe eye flush your eye

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The hairs embedded in my skin only itch when I itch them. So if on accident I scratch my hand I feel the hairs, and began itching for several minutes.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you get hairs in your eyes you won't have any reason to doubt it. It hurts, bad. Sounds to me like your smithi got you good.

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have recently gotten a b smithi (I've posted here a couple of timesthe past few days.) and he only has kicked hairs a few times and only once while he was out if his cagge... And that was 2 days ago. Now ever since I got him my eyes have been watering but I think that's just paranoia. Just today my left eye started to burn and give me a head ache. Now didn't handle the T and only tried to feed him and touched his substrate to see how damp it was. I did not see him flick hairs all day. But I did wash my hands multiple times afterward and went to my gfs then the gym and then back to her house, I washed my hands then ate then washed my hands again and then during a movie my eyes started to water so I rubbed them and ever since my eye has been burning.
Do these sound like symptoms of U hairs in my eye? Or am I just being paranoid
It really wouldn't matter if you only touched the substrate or not. Kicked hairs lay everywhere inside the enclosure and as soon as you took the top off its likely that they started swirling in the air anyways.

Congrats on getting haired!

Shea

Arachnosquire
If you get hairs in your eyes you won't have any reason to doubt it. It hurts, bad. Sounds to me like your smithi got you good.
Yeah but if he did then I didn't feel it immediately. What prolly happened is what that one guy said... I prolly just lifted the top off and the hairs that were settled flew up and got me and it just didn't bother me till later... But last night my left eye felt great again but thenmy right eye hurt but now my left is bothering me again just not as bad

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have you ever considered that you may have got something off some equipment at the gym?

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah but if he did then I didn't feel it immediately. What prolly happened is what that one guy said... I prolly just lifted the top off and the hairs that were settled flew up and got me and it just didn't bother me till later... But last night my left eye felt great again but thenmy right eye hurt but now my left is bothering me again just not as bad
Hmm, never heard of a U-hair reaction jumping back and forth from one eye to the other with sessions of relief in between. Usually its a constant itch and burn until the eye flushes itself with tears. Of course everyones reaction may be different.

If it continues may want to get a check up. ;)

Shea

Arachnosquire
Hmm, never heard of a U-hair reaction jumping back and forth from one eye to the other with sessions of relief in between. Usually its a constant itch and burn until the eye flushes itself with tears. Of course everyones reaction may be different.

If it continues may want to get a check up. ;)
Yea well it feels like a pretty constant burning but yeah it's kinda gone ln and off throughout yesterday and today but mostly it hurts.
I actually am gonna make an eye appointment since I'm over due