switching A. versicolor cage

cabey

Arachnopeon
I have my versicolor (approx. 1") in a shaker type spice jar right now and would like to switch it to a small critter keeper (3.5 x 6 x 4" tall). Any suggestions as to how often to mist?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mist a little on the side, next to the web, once a week when it's bigger. Until it gets around 2 inches, a 1 inch sling is going to get all the moisture it needs from the food. Misting until then is not necessary.

cabey

Arachnopeon
So no supplemental moisture until 2"? What about humidity? Should I keep a small water dish?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A small water dish for humidity would be a good idea. Good thinking. Just don't worry about it drinking untill the next molt or two.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would be afraid to house a 1" versicolor in a small critter keeper. At that size I would think it could still squeeze through the holes.

As far as misting goes, just mist every few days and make sure the substrate is kind of damp.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would be afraid to house a 1" versicolor in a small critter keeper. At that size I would think it could still squeeze through the holes.

As far as misting goes, just mist every few days and make sure the substrate is kind of damp.
That is questionable and it wouldn't hurt to leave it in the bottle untill after the next molt. Then a again, if its one inch it shouldn't be a problem. if it's less, keep it in the bottle.

AgileAttorney

Arachnopeon
ive had a 1 1/2 inch escape so i would wait til 2 inches to move into a small kritter keeper. im not quite sure how they do it but they kinda squeeze out of it. if you still wanna try id atleast put it in a sealed container to see if it escapes the kritter keeper or until it makes a new web

Arachno~Raver

Arachnopeon
why not put it into a jam jar there quite tall for a T of that size so it could climb being aboreal and because you only pierce small air holes in the lid it cant escape i have a B. Smithi sling in a jam jar and its fine in there + no escapes;)

cabey

Arachnopeon
thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think for now I'm going to put it back in it's jar to avoid any escapes. better safe than sorry.