Swimming Tarantulas

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anyone else have pics of their swimmer T's. My H.Gigas loves the water.

Attachments

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Funny Caption:He bill the waters come on in! The Waters fine!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm, it sure looks like someone tossed it in :)

EDIT : to clarify, i'm not accusing you or anything, I was just seeing it just looked funny

Last edited:

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok People

Here is a picture of it going inside to you incredolous peeps. You be the judge

Attachments

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey Vys

I recommend you try pick up an H.gigas and toss it iniside water its the safest of things. LOL

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its not so far fetched

I have heard of H. Gigas's swimming abilitys before, and there are other spiders who spend most of there lives under water such as
Argyroneta Aquatica, (European Water Spider) I personally would love one of these in a fish tank.

http://www.naturegrid.org.uk/biodiversity/invert/spiderw.html

Also lots of other spiders have the ability to walk on Water

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Ok People

Originally posted by Alonso99
Here is a picture of it going inside to you incredolous peeps. You be the judge
Great, now it looks like you killed it and threw it in :D No seriously, that's pretty fascinating, for them to willingly go bathing like that. Your first pic gave an unhindered illusion of a tall glass or something.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i still think that is one awesome t alonso, maybe i should order an adult h. gigas, hope the one i have is a female, hey does she eat crickets or just ignore them?----Jeff

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey

She ignores crickets if not hungry when shes really hungry she eats em, but takes fuzzies and pinkies much better.

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
swimmers

I don't have a pic, but my P. fortis loves to swim in the water dish. She is in there or heading for it almost half the time I look at her.

-Jeremy

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
swimmers

I don't have a pic, but my P. fortis loves to swim in the water dish. She is in there or heading for it almost half the time I look at her.

-Jeremy

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Everyone who posted in this thread so far : kickass pics. The gigas' uncle tought her everything she knows. :D

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Well, after seeing these pics I will not worry anymore that my two new H.gigas slings are too damp. I had heard that they liked it really humid and so I set them up with damper than usual substrate and a water dish (milk jug caps) in clear square plastic containers with only 12 small holes in the lids. It gets pretty steamy in there but they seem really happy. Made multi-tunnel burrows already.

Gail

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by King_Looey
Just had to post this pic
That's such a nice pic! I just love avics..what kind is that?
I can't surf around looking for pictures to compare with because of my &*^##$@^&% quota, to express it mildly, so I can just fish in my haphazard visual memory..A. Geroldi? Minatrix?

I've never seen my Avic lady in her watertray, but sometimes I find she's passed dung in it. Would she do this standing on the edge, or.. ?

Last edited:

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The pic King Looey posted was taken by Mark Moffett and appeared in National Geographic, vol.190, no. 3 (September 1996). It accompanied the article "Tarantulas" by Richard Coniff. A great article, with great pics.

It's A. urticans.

Wade

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Is its weight actually being supported by nothing but water tension, a la Water Strider?