Swammerdami info?

Shellster

Arachnopeon
IMG_20201128_183330_513.jpg 20201128_182008.jpg
do these appear to be true swammerdami or do yall think they are something else? Supposed to be 2 or 3I..one is about 2.5 inches and the other is 3 inches. Is it to early to tell?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those aren't swammerdami, I hope that's not 'real' bad news, some kind of Heterometrus though(dark telson). Due to commonality, odds are that's H. petersii, it has that carapace look, matte finish instead of buffed out, shiny.

Shellster

Arachnopeon
Those aren't swammerdami, I hope that's not 'real' bad news, some kind of Heterometrus though(dark telson). Due to commonality, odds are that's H. petersii, it has that carapace look, matte finish instead of buffed out, shiny.
That's what I thought. I was kinda thinking they weren't actually swammerdami so not terribly bad news.. o well you live and you learn lol

Shellster

Arachnopeon
Thank you for answering btw!

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
In my opinion, if I was a G swammerdami breeder... I would only sell adult sized swammerdami for full price.
But truth is that I'm not a swammerdami breeder, and I can't recall ever seeing swammer-slings for sale.
If they were, they would certainly be priced over €150,- ($170,-)
I'm not a swammerdami expert, but have gazed at 'em at invert shows,
looking at your pictures my brain did not instantly make the (ketssjiiiing) cash register sound.
One of the most important differences between G swammerdami and other Heterometrus scorpions;
>The median ocelli (eyes) are relatively small, the distance between them equal to or greater than the width of an ocellus in Gigantometrus but relatively large,
the distance between them less than the width of an ocellus in Heterometrus. <
The scorpion in your picture has its median eyes very close together ruling out a G swammerdami.

Shellster

Arachnopeon
In my opinion, if I was a G swammerdami breeder... I would only sell adult sized swammerdami for full price.
But truth is that I'm not a swammerdami breeder, and I can't recall ever seeing swammer-slings for sale.
If they were, they would certainly be priced over €150,- ($170,-)
I'm not a swammerdami expert, but have gazed at 'em at invert shows,
looking at your pictures my brain did not instantly make the (ketssjiiiing) cash register sound.
One of the most important differences between G swammerdami and other Heterometrus scorpions;
>The median ocelli (eyes) are relatively small, the distance between them equal to or greater than the width of an ocellus in Gigantometrus but relatively large,
the distance between them less than the width of an ocellus in Heterometrus. <
The scorpion in your picture has its median eyes very close together ruling out a G swammerdami.
Yea you live and you learn I guess.. definitely good to know about the ocelli for future reference thou! Thank you for answering

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
I have to agree with the others here. No a G. swammerdami.
Also in the juvenile stages swammerdami has a very pale telson, almost white.