Suspicious about B.boehmei...

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is a picture of my said to be B.boehmei sub-adult female:

What you think about it, what is this? Too much brown even for premolt phase as seller told me, I am very courious to see what will she look like after the molt.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have never seen a b.boehmei soo brown. It's in need of a molt.
Looks like a t.truculentus or it could be an aphonopelmas.

gagamboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i agree... it does looks like an Aponophelma... perhaps a bicoloratum...
:wall: :wall: :wall:

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How true are those colors showing in your pic? Here's one of mine, newly molted for comparison-when she's ready to molt she gets more coppery, but no way does she ever look brown!

Attachments

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I have another one from the same clutch and it is like normal, very red with black. But this one is same size and it is about 11 cm and both are females. I don't know what it can be but I doubt it is B.boehmei also, I think it is not M.robustum, but for others I don't know. Friends thought is that she will molt soon and I can't wait to see her after, maybe I can identify it after the molt by sphermatecae(spelling?) Thanks anyway, I will update later, as the situation resolves...

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whatever it is, its in bad need of a molt. Send us some pics after that. Would be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't see anything to indicate it's not B. boehmei, just because it's brown at the moment means next to nothing...

Bill

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well, I have another one from the same clutch and it is like normal, very red with black. ...
if its from the same clutch as the others that are definatly a b. boehmei then id say its definatly a b. boehemi .....
unless its just SUPPOSED to be from the same clutch.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I really think its a B.boehmei that is in need of a molt. Like someone else mentioned, get us pics after it has molted.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is that pic one of many, or a true representation of what you see? Did it look normal until you took that pic? I ask because I was thinking your camera did something strange and put color there that shouldn't be there.

JenNJay

Arachnopeon
Did a little searching on the web and to us it looks more like either an Aphonopelma chalcodes or Aphonopelma moderatum. If it is the A. moderatum then it is very close to molt. Either way we would definitely say it is in the Aphonopelma genus. Just our opinion. ~JenNJay~

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was told that it is from same clutch, but that another one wasn't so brown in premolt, but this one is exactly as in pic, those are true colors...I wil post an update surely.