survived a war!

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What kind of a day did YOU have?

I had the pleasure of transferring not one but TWO usambaras from deli cups to kritter keepers.

And if this wasn't enough... I also had to move a VERY cranky adult female Lividium to her new home. She fought me with everything she had... somehow I managed to stay just slightly faster and only got out with a thump of her leg on my finger (I imagine the fangs following it would have hurt alot more)

There is my war story of the day... I need sleep now lol

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Darn fast slings. I almost had a third escapee today when my C.thorelli ran under my shirt sleeve and up my arm. I ended up having to get naked in the bathtub until I found the 1/2" sling on my back and deposited it in its vial.

-V

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
roflmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has to be about the funniest thing I have ever heard... I am in tears over here lmao

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

But not as funny as the time my H.maculata sling(who is awol at the moment) leaped out of its vial and ran to safety. I spent 4+ hours searching for it before I gave up. About 2 hours after I gave up I was doing the dishes and it manifested on my neck. I think when I was lying on the floor searching under dressers it called up my pants up my shirt into my hair and nested for awhile.

-V

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man Vayu,you have had some serious problems with ur t's lol

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One time I lost a Mexican Red Knee for over a week and it turned up in the sink and I almost emptied a pot of boiling water onto it.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had my Pinktoe escape just once during the night, (I exaggerated her need for airholes) and looked all over the high bookshelves the next day. Finally found her on the cold floor under a bookshelf, with dust all over her. She was slow and dragged long strands of dust when she walked.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My day wasn't a war, but I did have to unpack 7 slings from Kelly Swift today. It was a little nerve racking. :eek:

E

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
My day wasn't a war, but I did have to unpack 7 slings from Kelly Swift today. It was a little nerve racking. :eek:

E
What? Unpacking slings/Ts is half the fun of buying them. I love the whole process. Can't wait for Thursday so I can do it myself again.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Its alot like christmas. The fresh scent of freshly-breathed styrofoam, unrolling moist towels to find a beautifully marked new animal. Really exhilarating.

-V

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
These stories are exactly why my wife insists I keep my Ts in my office. I'm glad she doesn't read this forum or she would be even more insistent. =D

Fortunately all my slings so far have been more cooperative. Only my pinktoe has come close to escaping.

Bryan

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Its the arboreal OW's that are most prone to escape as slings IMHO. This may correlate with the fact that most arboreal T's(poecilotheria/stromatopelma especially) are able to hunt and feed themselves as soon as they emerge, while the terrestrials need more time to become self-sufficient. just a thought from something i read awhile ago.

-V

Last edited:

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My escapee

My A. Seemani escaped for about 7 days, along time ago. Only to hear the scream as it appeared in the laundry when my Mom was folding it.
Escapee was then returned.

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I hope none of my T's ever get out of my reach if escaped. It would never make it passed my cat.

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cats

My B. Vagans gave my cat a face full of Urticating Bristols one time, I was cleaning her cage and the cat came over to see what i was doing. and tried looking at the T over the Aquarium.

My cat ran off somewhere irratated. He was fine later on though.

G

g2k

Only last wednesday i recived three new t chevron slings whitch was great. i figured that they should be seperated so i teased them out one at a time, all was going fine till the last one as i opend the lid for the 3rd time the sling set of up the tubes wall and then jumped about 7/8 inches from the top of the tube and on to my window sill befpre i had even had time to stop it, it was off up the window after 5 mins of trying to catch her i placed the lid over her and she ran in.

GILLY2K

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Once, about 30 minutes after feeding my collection, I felt a tickling feeling on the back of my neck. I assumed it was an escaped cricket, so I reached back and carefully grabbed it, intending to toss it into a nearby lizard cage. Then I noticed it wasn't a cricket, but one of my P. irminia slings that had apparently escaped during feeding, without me noticing! I was sure glad I resisted the normal, human urge to SLAP a bug on one's neck!

Wade