Survey: what scorpion is ideal for maniacs?

Justin L.

Arachnopeon
what are maniacs' most ideal scorpions for collection?

I just wonder everyone's reponse.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Go with the BIG Black and Scary Asian Forest types Heterometrus' even though less venomous, the mundanes will fear them and think you're a maniac.

I took a small Het. out of my tank to show my sister (30 yrs old) and she freaked out thinking it to be some sort of heat seeking killing machine with a vengeance and a taste for blood...

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Go with the BIG Black and Scary Asian Forest types Heterometrus' even though less venomous, the mundanes will fear them and think you're a maniac.

I took a small Het. out of my tank to show my sister (30 yrs old) and she freaked out thinking it to be some sort of heat seeking killing machine with a vengeance and a taste for blood...
lol just something big and mean looking lol
id guess that a C. vitattus would have a more painfull sting than P. imperator but ive not tested that yet as i seem to be immune to the vitattus sting anyway lol

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow, thaedion... somehow it seems familiar huh?

here we go...

go take L.Q. and handle it... i know someone knows about scorps will call the handler as a maniac...

some people call us scorp keepers as maniacs, those stupid highschool girls also freakout when they see scorps, college ones go quiet and will say to their friends, i saw a large deadly scorp, w/ massive claws that can crush skulls, a large and pointed stinger that will pierce your heart... that boy is a freak, maniac, stupid, freak again, and a weirdo... no... hes not a human, that scorp and that one are both maniacs and freaks.

once you keep any scorp you will be called a freak and maniac by anyone who only knows that mammals are the only animals that are facinating for them... on the contrary they are much more stupid because they dont know that not all scorps are deadly... now just laugh at them when they freak out... that is fun. ;P

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
all my friends think my scorp room is the bomb diggity....

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heh . . . that's why I like my massive Heterometrus so much. {D

now just laugh at them when they freak out... that is fun. ;P
Haha, that's the best part about owning venomous arthropods.

My former neighbor experiencing the joy of Pandinus:

I ARE A MANIAC

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I suspect what we have here is a bit of a translation issue and the intent is to discover what the more experienced keepers prefer.

In other words maniacs = serious enthusiasts.

Cheers,
Dave

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
With Dave's description I would say that euscorpius is quite a chalenge eventhrought harmless and petite.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a guy in Petco tell his kids that emps are the most venomous scorps in the world. So you know what I did? I hand fed it a cricket and pet it. {D I guess I'm a maniac! But seriously, L.Q. are really nice little scorps as well as A. crassicauda.

zilch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol, i think maniacs are people who keep anything more than 30 species of scorpions :p

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I suspect what we have here is a bit of a translation issue and the intent is to discover what the more experienced keepers prefer.

Cheers,
Dave
In that case, Tityus, Centruroides,Rhopalurus, Heterometrus, Parabuthus, Hottentotta, Androctonus not neccessarily in that order

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if you are a serious enthusiast, you would not just keep your scorps on a large scale, the real enthusiast knows well each of his scorp and would never feel that he loses his passion on scorp keeping.

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Rock You Like A Hurricane... perfect for maniacs.

Please let there be someone from my time frame here.

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Cheers,
Dave
If you go by Dave's definition of maniac, I think the ideal scorpion is whatever YOU are interested in, so you should look around for something you like, do some research and ask some questions about where your research takes you. By the time you are a maniac, you would know what your ideal is.

Some people like hot buthids, some like barkscorpions, some stick to single genera, some like Vaejovids, some like communal tanks, some like the colour red... and I could go on and on.
I think it is impossible to suggest an ideal scorpion for a serious enthusiast, but that's just me.
Cheers
DaveMc