Votes: 111 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I just put a link to it in the first post in this thread :)
Shouldn't that link have been placed in the link directory? ;)

I'm glad I came in late, I would have been embarrassed to admit that I had never clicked on the link directory link. I'm not sure that I even noticed it before now. Now that I see the overwhelming numbers of people who were also unaware, I feel less oblivious.
Having checked it out to see what was in there, I'll probably explore further.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I like it, and I have used it before, but it could definitely stand some additions to the lineup and the fixing/removal of some old links.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I stumbled upon it in the past and it didn't seem useful to me at that time so I haven't been using it.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Didn't know it existed. I'm unlikely to use it. I already know everything and everyone in the hobby. I could see it being useful for some people though.

Later, Tom

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Like the majority who voted I also had no idea it existed. That said I usually only utilize a small portion to any forum I belong to. In this case its the for sale ads and occasionally the discussion forums. I'll check out the ones that interest me and if I like them I will put them in my favorites but I doubt it would be something I would regularly use and I probably wouldn't miss it if it were gone. On the other hand I do appreciate the fact that it is there as it will let me check out other sites I normally wouldn't know existed.

Exoskelos

Arachnosquire
It'd be swell if maybe the link database had a category for scientific/study/meta-analysis/abstract/ect. links... maybeyes?
I can definitely agree that would be nice, I didn't know there was a link directory until today... also I have a decent amount of scientific literature I've gathered about millipedes, mostly on my own. Been mulling over whether to track down where I got most of them and post a list but I haven't gotten around to it. There's the huge article link list for centipedes and some other things already here, it would be nice if all the scholarly articles links had their own space though, separated by class for easy navigation. That's probably going too far though...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don’t make the time to add links.

I do like sticky posts!

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This seems useful, but I don't think most people use it because they simply jump into the threads that peak their interest.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I didn't know it existed... But a short glance at 'tarantula links' only shows it to personal sites of other keepers?
I was expecting the tarantula links had shortcuts to information on Arachnoboards, sort of like the stickies? But maybe I just have no idea what should go into such a thing. :D
YEah I honestly had no clue it existed either . Maybe it needs highlighted by the mods or something to make it standout so we can’t find it .
I have a broken Link to a survey that exists somewhere list in space . Ouch
Best of luck mods !! Hurray

Last edited:

davegrimm1

theinvertshop.com
Old Timer
I tried to add my site link but it didn't work,could have been me, I don't know.

Dave
theinvertshop.com
blaptica dubia, hissing roaches, misc. feeder and pet roach species and breeders and dealer of tarantula's

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I tried to add my site link but it didn't work,could have been me, I don't know.
Not you, there's currently a compatibility issue with the Link software and some of the backend software that we run. It's being looked into.

Regards,
MrD

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I can see the advantage to the link directory in some ways, because Google search does not always give the best results for niche things like this

Status
Not open for further replies.