• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey All,

We're trying to get an idea of how useful people find the Link Directory. If you have the time, please feel free to also leave comments regarding your choice in the poll.

Thanks in advance,
MrD.

Last edited:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
1. What does the survey among the mods say regarding them being baby sitters to an ongoing non-necessity?
2. How do the links stack up against a well worded web search for an exacting and specific need/want? (A approximate ratio of about 100 million to 1 is my guess)
3. K.I.S.S. For those who need fluff head for the social media sites.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Just realized that I should have had a "no" choice in there as well so I added the option to change your vote, if it applies.

Feral

Arachnobaron
Two things and a chicken:

1. It'd be swell if maybe the link database had a category for scientific/study/meta-analysis/abstract/ect. links... maybeyes?

2. Is the banner for the poll still supposed to be there asking me to take the poll after I took the poll?

:chicken:

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wasn't aware such a thing existed.

After taking a look at it, i don't think i'll use it in the future, as i'm more into science and nature content these days rather than hobbyist sites.

Is the banner for the poll still supposed to be there asking me to take the poll after I took the poll?
You can click that off in the upper right corner.

Tuisto

Arachnosquire
Once or twice for vendor aggregation. a few dead links when I did if I recall right

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The only time I ever click the link directory is when I see a notice that a link may be broken.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I didn't know it existed... But a short glance at 'tarantula links' only shows it to personal sites of other keepers?
I was expecting the tarantula links had shortcuts to information on Arachnoboards, sort of like the stickies? But maybe I just have no idea what should go into such a thing. :D

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Now that I know what it is I am pretty excited for it. I am always looking for more US dealers. A simple Google search leaves alot of ones out I have discovered over the years

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
For me, it could be really useful if it had list with links to tarantula shops. Not sure about other stuff to be honest.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I cast my vote above.

I don't usually use it because most of the questions I answer I do from my own knowledge. If I do mention an outside link I usually recite it from memory.

If I remember I will try to direct people there in the future.

MasterOogway

Arachnoknight
Did not know it existed. Would probably be more useful as an actual 'library' rather than hotlinks to personal sites, etc. Maybe keep all the links limited to this domain, and just have them be a repository, like easier to access and more fluid 'stickies.' IDK.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I voted "There's a Link Directory?" since I genuinely did not know there was one (nor did I know exactly what it was) until this. However, now that I know about it, I will probably use it on occasion and will find it quite useful

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Looks really empty...
Could definitely add some more sites on there, especially for supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.