Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Survey - Link Directory

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrDeranged, Nov 9, 2019 at 11:07 PM.

Do you use the Link Directory?

This poll will close on Dec 9, 2019 at 11:07 PM.
  1. All the time

2. Once in a while

3. There's a Link Directory?

4. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

Advertisement
    Hey All,

We're trying to get an idea of how useful people find the Link Directory. If you have the time, please feel free to also leave comments regarding your choice in the poll.

Thanks in advance,
    MrD.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 3:49 AM
  2. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

1. What does the survey among the mods say regarding them being baby sitters to an ongoing non-necessity?
    2. How do the links stack up against a well worded web search for an exacting and specific need/want? (A approximate ratio of about 100 million to 1 is my guess)
    3. K.I.S.S. For those who need fluff head for the social media sites.

3. MrDeranged

Just realized that I should have had a "no" choice in there as well so I added the option to change your vote, if it applies.

4. Shampain88

Shampain88 Arachnomental

I didn’t know there was such a thing lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hoxter

Hoxter Arachnoknight Active Member

What's that link directory actually?

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrDeranged

I just put a link to it in the first post in this thread :)

7. Feral

Feral Arachnoknight Active Member

Two things and a chicken:

1. It'd be swell if maybe the link database had a category for scientific/study/meta-analysis/abstract/ect. links... maybeyes?

2. Is the banner for the poll still supposed to be there asking me to take the poll after I took the poll?

:chicken:

8. Stefan2209

Stefan2209 Arachnodemon Old Timer

I wasn't aware such a thing existed.

After taking a look at it, i don't think i'll use it in the future, as i'm more into science and nature content these days rather than hobbyist sites.

You can click that off in the upper right corner.

9. Tuisto

Tuisto Arachnosquire

AR
    Once or twice for vendor aggregation. a few dead links when I did if I recall right

10. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

The only time I ever click the link directory is when I see a notice that a link may be broken.

11. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

I didn't know it existed... But a short glance at 'tarantula links' only shows it to personal sites of other keepers?
    I was expecting the tarantula links had shortcuts to information on Arachnoboards, sort of like the stickies? But maybe I just have no idea what should go into such a thing. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Goopyguy56

Goopyguy56 Arachnobaron

Now that I know what it is I am pretty excited for it. I am always looking for more US dealers. A simple Google search leaves alot of ones out I have discovered over the years

13. Hoxter

Hoxter Arachnoknight Active Member

For me, it could be really useful if it had list with links to tarantula shops. Not sure about other stuff to be honest.

14. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnobaron Active Member

Had no idea it existed

15. darkness975

darkness975 dream reaper Arachnosupporter

I cast my vote above.

I don't usually use it because most of the questions I answer I do from my own knowledge. If I do mention an outside link I usually recite it from memory.

If I remember I will try to direct people there in the future.

16. MasterOogway

MasterOogway Arachnosquire Active Member

Did not know it existed. Would probably be more useful as an actual 'library' rather than hotlinks to personal sites, etc. Maybe keep all the links limited to this domain, and just have them be a repository, like easier to access and more fluid 'stickies.' IDK.

17. Inland Sea

Inland Sea Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

Wasn't aware of it till now.
    Pretty cool. I like it.

18. PidderPeets

PidderPeets Arachnoprince Arachnosupporter

I voted "There's a Link Directory?" since I genuinely did not know there was one (nor did I know exactly what it was) until this. However, now that I know about it, I will probably use it on occasion and will find it quite useful

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Bob Lee

Bob Lee Arachnobaron Active Member

Looks really empty...
    Could definitely add some more sites on there, especially for supplies.

20. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnomancer Arachnosupporter

I don't know what that is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.