Superworms

Joodafoo

Arachnopeon
I've wanted to know if there was a difference in feeding scorps superworms as worms or as beetles. I like feeding them the beetles because it allows them to hunt, but does it take away from the worms nutritious properties?

Evil Juggalo

Arachnopeon
im also curious to this.. Also in another thread I stated that my scorps much prefer the pupae stage of the Worm to Beetle Morph..

Wish they could sell teh buggers like that.. My scorps would be like 1lb each :p

eschneider

Arachnopeon
My T's won't eat the beatles, only the worms.
Also the beatles can release a real stinky order...

Schneider

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My scorps and Ts refuse to eat or even touch the beetles. In fact, they only eat the worms when they are really very hungry. Once the worms turn into bettles I just keep them for breeding or I just feed them to wild house geckos and huntsman spiders in my house.

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I saw an adult C. gracilis female I keep eat a beetle recently. I prefer to keep the beetles for breading though, so I don't use them for food.

Joodafoo

Arachnopeon
I've accidentally lost a couple superworms in the enclosure before, and a week or so later i saw leftover pieces of beetle shell. So apparently mine have eaten the beetles but i dunno if its good for them or not. I got 2 worms in pupae stage right now, ill try to use them once they turn into beetles and see how that turns out.