Superworms not eating

edgar alan

Arachnopeon
A while ago, I purchased some superworms that came in a tupperware with oatmeal. They cleaned it out pretty fast, finishing a good 2 inches or so. I replaced it with some instant oatmeal I had in the house, and its been a month or two and it looks pretty much untouched. I’ve read that superworms will eat pretty much anything, but in my experience they have refused all kinds of foods, like banana/ banana peels, pear slices, grapes and more. They do eat apples however, but I don’t ever see them finish the entire core. I’ve searched online to see why my worms are refusing food but I can’t seem to find anything. Any of you have similar problems? Advice would be appreciated, thanks.

magouilles

Arachnoknight
A while ago, I purchased some superworms that came in a tupperware with oatmeal. They cleaned it out pretty fast, finishing a good 2 inches or so. I replaced it with some instant oatmeal I had in the house, and its been a month or two and it looks pretty much untouched. I’ve read that superworms will eat pretty much anything, but in my experience they have refused all kinds of foods, like banana/ banana peels, pear slices, grapes and more. They do eat apples however, but I don’t ever see them finish the entire core. I’ve searched online to see why my worms are refusing food but I can’t seem to find anything. Any of you have similar problems? Advice would be appreciated, thanks.
I feed mine with carrots, sweet potatoes or pumpkins

edgar alan

Arachnopeon
They don't seem to eat the carrots either. When I throw in some slices the most I see is a few nibbles or so... Honestly have no clue how they're still alive having not eaten for this long.

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
Did they come with oatmeal or that flaky bran stuff? The bran is what usually comes with them for me, and my superworms never ate oatmeal if I they were on bran when i got them, idk. But about the vegetables, I have no idea. Mine eat carrots especially with enthusiasm

edgar alan

Arachnopeon
Did they come with oatmeal or that flaky bran stuff? The bran is what usually comes with them for me, and my superworms never ate oatmeal if I they were on bran when i got them, idk. But about the vegetables, I have no idea. Mine eat carrots especially with enthusiasm
Pretty sure it was oatmeal that came with it. Could they be ill?

magouilles

Arachnoknight
Pretty sure it was oatmeal that came with it. Could they be ill?
i mean superworms don’t eat a crapload either,,,mine don’t feast on food so much but they’ve been alive and doing well for a VERY long time
they’ll take small bites once in a while but they mostly drink water🤔

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
I keep mine in cut oats , and feed with whatever kitchen scraps I have. (Apple, carrot, various squash, etc). Sometimes I cant see that they've ever eaten. But they dont die off so they must be ok

edgar alan

Arachnopeon
I keep mine in cut oats , and feed with whatever kitchen scraps I have. (Apple, carrot, various squash, etc). Sometimes I cant see that they've ever eaten. But they dont die off so they must be ok
Just thought it was pretty strange since they finished 2 inches of oatmeal so quickly before. Never mind you're probably right; they're not dead so they must be fine. Thanks all for the advice.