SuperWorms(i need more help!!)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
i just went to petco today and bought-
10 large crickets
50 superworms
driftwood
lizard litter(substrate that is good for tropical species-pinktoe)
1 large petpal

how should i give the superworms to my pinktoe? Wont they dig away? any suggestions? thanks,

James

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i had that problem, the worms digging down into the substrate, Scott gave me the idea of putting them in a shallow dish they couldnt get out of. i dont know how well this would work with an aboreal, but i guess its worth a shot. oh, and set a couple of the worms aside and let them mature, the metamorphosis is awesome to see, though it takes a while with superworms. a large beatle is the result, and my t's rather enjoyed devouring the beatles. more so than the worms. good luck:rolleyes:

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
To elaborate a little more on what Lycanthrope said...
The superworms will not pupate if they are together. Pick out the largest worms and put one each into a small container like a deli cup. Check them every few days. If they curl up into a hooked shape good news - they are getting ready to pupate. It can take a month or two for them to pupate and then become beetles. Try to feed the beetles to your T right after they appear when they are white and soft. Most of my t's won't touch em after the shell hardens and they are black. They also give off a rather pungent defensive smell which is much worse once they are fully hardened up and black.

Gail

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
[
how should i give the superworms to my pinktoe? Wont they dig away? any suggestions? thanks,

James [/B]
I think the best way to feed superworms to pinktoes is using forceps (NOT your fingers). Coincidentally, this is also the funnest way ;)

Joy

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Digy

Ive found all of my T's even my aboreals will go dig them out.

btw, why all the T food? i find that much is enough to last my 4 T's a couple weeks, your Avic isn't going to be that hungry

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What do superworms eat? and do they need water?? Could i breed them myself like cricets?