Superworms attacked visciously

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I tried feeding one of my rosies a mealworm some time back with no success. Today an order of mealworms and crickets came in, and included were some superworms. Those guys are about an inch long! So, I thought, let's give it another try.

Wow, all the Ts I gave one of those to just attacked them and began shredding. My rosies seemed the most viscious about. One of my stripe-knees let the superworm dig into the substrate. I looked in later and she had somehow gotten a hold of the thing. He must have stuck his head out somewhere and she nailed him.

I would bet superworms have more food value than crickets, so I might use them more often. My turtles love them as well.

Bryan

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

i never had any luck in feeding superworms, and i have 50 of em, dont know why my pinktoe wount take em? Good Luck,

James

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
i never had any luck in feeding superworms, and i have 50 of em, dont know why my pinktoe wount take em? Good Luck,

James
James,

I tried a superworm on one of my pinktoes and it was not interested either. Maybe arboreals have no clue that a superworm represents food? I mean, how many superworms climb trees? :? :?

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
My own experience is that arboreal tarantulas love superworms :? Perhaps your pinktoe is still small enough to be intimidated by full-sized worms, James?

Joy

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joy
My own experience is that arboreal tarantulas love superworms :?
Well, I guess there is no accounting for taste. :} One of my rosies showed no interest either.

Bryan

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
they will dig for the worms....
My L parahybana just dug one up yesterday, it was fun to watch! He used his palps, and the first pair of legs, the peat moss was flying! Then he pounced like a cat.... pretty cool :)