Superworm question

TRection

Arachnoknight
My first T is coming soon so i just have a question about food. I feed my superworms oats and veggies with some Reptical (calcium) and Reptivitamin powder for my Beardie, im just wondering if i can feed those to my T or will if cause harm because of the Reptical and Reptivit?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
It shouldn't harm them at all! Dusting them won't to anything since the outside of the bolus is usually left clean. Just make sure the worm doesn't burrow down in the substrate since it can kill a molting tarantula if it gets hungry and surfaces.

TRection

Arachnoknight
It shouldn't harm them at all! Dusting them won't to anything since the outside of the bolus is usually left clean. Just make sure the worm doesn't burrow down in the substrate since it can kill a molting tarantula if it gets hungry and surfaces.
The worms eat the cal and vit though, i dont dust them i add it to the food the worms eat, does that change anything or will they still be fine for the T?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
The worms eat the cal and vit though, i dont dust them i add it to the food the worms eat, does that change anything or will they still be fine for the T?
If it's digestible for reptiles I doubt it would pose an issue for your spiders. It's really just vitamins/minerals nothing that would kill your T.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
There's been a rumor that too much calcium in T's diet causes wet molts, but it's never really been proven. That's about it :) I can't really claim it's fine though. I don't feel comfortable doing so :D

TRection

Arachnoknight
There's been a rumor that too much calcium in T's diet causes wet molts, but it's never really been proven. That's about it :) I can't really claim it's fine though. I don't feel comfortable doing so :D
Ok cool, i just didnt want to waste this batch of worms but for next time i wont mix any powders in with them

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Ok cool, i just didnt want to waste this batch of worms but for next time i wont mix any powders in with them
It might be harmless. I just don't really know cause I never read anything about this :D Im sure others will add to this thread :)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Ahh the old myth "feeding mice to tarantulas kills them, there's too much calcium" I don't believe that kind of nonsense. I wouldn't feed Ts mice anyway, but that saying is based off nothing more then speculation.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
^^^started with all the bad T blondi molts. People like to feed them mice a lot and they are notorious for having molting issues. I think it really has to do with husbandry and T blondi genetics. I still wouldn't feed my T stirmi mice, but that's just because I think it's gross.