super worm beatles

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
some time ago a few super worms got lose and burried themselves in my Ts soil. now I have a large black beatle roaming around the enclosure and was wondering if those guys are still safe to eat?

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Theres not much to them. I removed them when it happened to me. The T seemed bothered by them and wouldn't eat it anyways.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
This happened to me, so I tried feeding it to my rosehair. It snatched it up, bit into it a few times, and let it go.
I think it's the smell.:barf:

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
This happened to me, so I tried feeding it to my rosehair. It snatched it up, bit into it a few times, and let it go.
I think it's the smell to,superworm beetles need to invest in some deoderant.:barf:

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My B. smithi loves them! Same goes with mealworm beetles. My A. versicolor eats them as well!

Hanes

Arachnosquire
Yeah my c.fasciatum has eaten a few before and I've had no problem

bryanon

Arachnopeon
I really hate those super worms. They burrow so quickly that the tarantulas don't have a chance to get to them. Better to stick with mealworms (much slower.) The super worms are nasty critters, they bite too. I haven't tried the burrow-blocker but that sounds like a good idea!

Drakk

Arachnosquire

Well just to add here my tarantulas love them.
Anyone think of any drawbacks of feeding these?
There alot easier to keep up with then the worms....agreed about the nasty quick burrowing, burrow locker sounds promising.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well just to add here my tarantulas love them.
Anyone think of any drawbacks of feeding these?
There alot easier to keep up with then the worms....agreed about the nasty quick burrowing, burrow locker sounds promising.
Lots of chitin, but the T's just eat around that, so it's not the big issue it is with herps. Most T's don't seem to even recognize them as food in my experience.

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
well I've had them come up as beatles before in the dead of night and when I was waking up I'd hear my rose hair crunching on one and she seems completely healthy so i'll just keep it in there for now. I'm out of crickets anways.