Super random question

Beastie

Arachnoknight
I am about to rehouse a g.maule sling, the container I want to put her in is a bit smaller than what she's in now because I think the current set up is just too big and is making it difficult for her to hunt her prey. I got the perfect size deli cup for her but it came from little ceasars and had jalapeños in it. I have washed it several times and let it air out and the smell is mostly gone but when it's been closed for awhile and I open it, the smell is still faintly there. So my random question is will there be any possible harm from using this container? I know this is probably a really stupid question but I'm paranoid lol.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, I wouldn't use that. No jokes. I don't know now, nor I can be 100% sure about a possible "harmful" scenario but doesn't matter... I wouldn't risk a Theraphosidae for that.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
Well if there is risk, I definitely won't risk it, I will just see if LC can give me a new container.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I am about to rehouse a g.maule sling, the container I want to put her in is a bit smaller than what she's in now because I think the current set up is just too big and is making it difficult for her to hunt her prey. I got the perfect size deli cup for her but it came from little ceasars and had jalapeños in it. I have washed it several times and let it air out and the smell is mostly gone but when it's been closed for awhile and I open it, the smell is still faintly there. So my random question is will there be any possible harm from using this container? I know this is probably a really stupid question but I'm paranoid lol.

Keep it in the container its in and just feed it pre killed food

Beastie

Arachnoknight
Plus the container she is in had too much ventilation and the substrate dries out really fast.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Ok so if you go to the supermarket get some of these, they're free if you dont put food in them.

Put less holes no money spent less to clean out.

The one in the middle and the one on the right are what I'm talking about and they come with tops

Also if you crush the head of some feeders their legs will still move.

_scorpio_

Arachnopeon
If you can smell it then theres still trace amounts in there, which could cause an outbreak of mold when the humidity gets high in there with the T in it.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
Ok so if you go to the supermarket get some of these, they're free if you dont put food in them.

Put less holes no money spent less to clean out.

The one in the middle and the one on the right are what I'm talking about and they come with tops

Also if you crush the head of some feeders their legs will still move.
I've tried crushing the heads but either I'm doing it too hard or not hard enough and they either die right away or recover a and hide lol. The one I'm talking about from little ceasars is the same thing basically but is more sturdy than the grocery store used so I'll likely try there and see if they'll give me one, it just means I'll have to wait a few days because the nearest place I can get something is about 20 minutes away, none of the three restraunts in town will give them to me, they're cheap skates. This spider is a freaking diva I swear, before rehousing the first time, she ate fine, ever since rehousing she runs away from her food, she did take a few crickets that I removed legs from but has since stopped eating those too. I tried small dubia roaches too and she isn't interested.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
If you can smell it then theres still trace amounts in there, which could cause an outbreak of mold when the humidity gets high in there with the T in it.
That's a good point, I felt unsure but couldn't think of actual reasons, thank you.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have used small washed out condements tubs for water dishes for years. Garlic mayo, ketchup and chilli sauce to name a few. I have never had an issue with that. If thoroughly washes with hot water until scent is gone I dont see a problem to be honest.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
I have used small washed out condements tubs for water dishes for years. Garlic mayo, ketchup and chilli sauce to name a few. I have never had an issue with that. If thoroughly washes with hot water until scent is gone I dont see a problem to be honest.
Well the scent is still there, albeit faint. I have my doubts that there isn't still trace amounts in there. I think it's more likely that since it was jalepenos that it was just acidic enough to leave some of the scent in the plastic, I've washed it with soap and water several times and also let it sit withe dulited bleach on it for a few hours before washing it a couple more times. This wouldn't be her water dish though, it would be her enclosure (not sure if that makes a difference). I think I'm gonna see what my arachnologist friend thinks. Though I may still just wait and get a clean one when I have the chance.

_scorpio_

Arachnopeon
Deli cups arent that much money, especially if your buying bulk. They are definitely cheaper than tarantulas.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
Is it really that difficult to just get a new clean condiment cup? :p
No, I said if there was cause for concern I would just get a new one, but the difficulty is getting to a store where I can get one is going to take a while since it is out of the way (by about 20minutes) and I need the gas to get my daughter to school which is 20 minutes the other way lol. So I figured since I had this on hand from the last time we went to town I would see if it was a viable option first. I don't have any reason to buy in bulk at the moment since I only need one. If it's a risk that's not worth it, it's one I won't take but I couldn't figure out what the risk would be/if there was one so I figured I would ask. ;) No harm in asking right?

Beastie

Arachnoknight
Lol I guess you could say that when living in BFE, it actually is that hard to just get a new one. :banghead::rofl: I guess that's the price I pay for being an introvert who can't stand living close to civilization. :eek:

_scorpio_

Arachnopeon
Fair enough. I just get mine online, but im guessing its not that easy if your a long way from anywhere?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Lol I guess you could say that when living in BFE, it actually is that hard to just get a new one. :banghead::rofl: I guess that's the price I pay for being an introvert who can't stand living close to civilization. :eek:
Oh c'mon now, behind the corner there's always something to find that can be used for house a Theraphosidae. You live in Arizona, not on Himalaya. What F-Word happened to creativity these days? :)

Beastie

Arachnoknight
Fair enough. I just get mine online, but im guessing its not that easy if your a long way from anywhere?
Eh, I could get them online but they would take a few days to get here so I might as well just wait those few days and get one in person so I can make sure it isn't something super flimsy..... plus I'm freaking broke. Lol

Beastie

Arachnoknight
Oh c'mon now, behind the corner there's always something to find that can be used for house a Theraphosidae. You live in Arizona, not on Himalaya. What F-Word happened to creativity these days? :)
Nothing of the appropriate size.