Super random question

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Nothing of the appropriate size.
According to who? Size is a debatable issue one moment. You mentioned a sling, but not the exact, more or less, size. I've see here people housing even 2nd instar into a sort of Waldorf Astoria suite/s enclosures, for that matter.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
Yeah I have pinheads (if that's what you mean) she can't seem to find them in the current enclosure.....

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Yeah I have pinheads (if that's what you mean) she can't seem to find them in the current enclosure.....
what kind of sling? how big is it? we cant read minds. never had a sling refuse prekilled criks. you are leaving them in for a few hours, right?

Beastie

Arachnoknight
According to who? Size is a debatable issue one moment. You mentioned a sling, but not the exact, more or less, size. I've see here people housing even 2nd instar into a sort of Waldorf Astoria suite/s enclosures, for that matter.
I haven't a clue what you mean by the end of what you said but she's in something that is about 4"x4" and she is maybe about the size of a nickel (I've said quarter before but I think nickel is more accurate) I just know that this enclosure is massive compared to her and her prey runs and hides and she doesn't get to it so I'm trying to put her in something a little more her size. I'm sorry if my lack of creativity offends you. I will get her a proper size deli cup in a few days until then she's fine, no point in sitting here bantering with someone who seems to be in the mood for a debate, good d;)ay sir.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
what kind of sling? how big is it? we cant read minds. never had a sling refuse prekilled criks. you are leaving them in for a few hours, right?
I've left them in over night, I have actually (I think) spoken with you about it on a previous thread but that thread seemed to die out and my last few posts never got responses.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I've left them in over night, I have actually (I think) spoken with you about it on a previous thread but that thread seemed to die out and my last few posts never got responses.
huh, weird. try small criks with their back legs torn off or even rip off all legs except one or two. Or, it may just be in premolt.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
She also won't touch cricket "drum sticks". I thought maybe she needed smaller crickets but the pinheads seem to be too small (at least in her current set up). She doesn't seem skinny so I wondered if maybe gnats or something were getting into her enclosure (though I've never witnessed any) and she was eating those. Idk, she just doesn't seem to want to eat but she also seems a bit lost in the big of a cup.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
huh, weird. try small criks with their back legs torn off or even rip off all legs except one or two. Or, it may just be in premolt.
I've done that as well, she took them good the first few times with legs off and then didn't want those either, premolt is possible as she hadn't molted since I got her in July (not that I've seen anyway) but it still seems like it's been quite a while since she's had a good meal. Idk

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I haven't a clue what you mean by the end of what you said but she's in something that is about 4"x4" and she is maybe about the size of a nickel (I've said quarter before but I think nickel is more accurate) I just know that this enclosure is massive compared to her and her prey runs and hides and she doesn't get to it so I'm trying to put her in something a little more her size. I'm sorry if my lack of creativity offends you. I will get her a proper size deli cup in a few days until then she's fine, no point in sitting here bantering with someone who seems to be in the mood for a debate, good d;)ay sir.
I mentioned size because we were talking, at the end, without knowing that. Now we know. Saw worst (read more big) for that matter.
Nothing offends me. Said only that, for me, in the middle of nowhere or else, you're still in Arizona, U.S, and not in Antarctic.

Anyway good luck.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
As long as it has access to water, it will be fine for a couple of days. It could be in pre-molt, or a bit out of its comfort zone due to you trying different feeders, opening and closing her cup. (That is not meant as a rebuff!)
Leave her be, try again in a couple of days. :)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I've done that as well, she took them good the first few times with legs off and then didn't want those either, premolt is possible as she hadn't molted since I got her in July (not that I've seen anyway) but it still seems like it's been quite a while since she's had a good meal. Idk
if the abdomens large then premolt is probable.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
As long as it has access to water, it will be fine for a couple of days. It could be in pre-molt, or a bit out of its comfort zone due to you trying different feeders, opening and closing her cup. (That is not meant as a rebuff!)
Leave her be, try again in a couple of days. :)
Yeah, I try not to open and close/offer things too often. I usually wait a few days in between, though I do have to open every couple of days to moisten the substrate (I do so with a syringe so it's less invasive than spraying) because it dries out super fast in her current enclosure. I have multiple issues with the container she's in now honestly, it is too big, has too much ventilation, and the lid is hard to get off without scaring her. Definitely gonna wait a couple days and get a new container.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
if the abdomens large then premolt is probable.
She seems plump to me. I think shy MAY have eaten this evening, I cut the head off of a dubia at the second pair of legs and left it in front of her den, so either she ate it or it crawled off.

Attachments

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
Your T looks perfectly healthy. Generally plump or full abdomen means there doing just fine.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
Your T looks perfectly healthy. Generally plump or full abdomen means there doing just fine.
Yeah.... I'm just scratching my head because she hasn't eaten anything I've offered in weeks and always seems about the same size, she's was eating every 3rd day when we got her for about two weeks until we rehoused her; then she went 21 days without eating (a week before we left on vacation and two weeks while we were gone) and refused for for about another week before she took some a few legless crickets about 5 days apart from each other. She hardly ate at all (if she did eat) the months of August and September but never really got thin. Maybe my inexperience with slings has me questioning that one teensy little thing could go that long without food and not thin down? Idk lol either way I'm hoping that I don't find that roach part tomorrow and that she did in fact eat it.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
She seems plump to me. I think shy MAY have eaten this evening, I cut the head off of a dubia at the second pair of legs and left it in front of her den, so either she ate it or it crawled off.
That T isn't in need of food. It's not eating cause it's likely full.

If the T is hungry and there is food (even prekilled) it'll hunt it down. I have tiny Avics that will come out of the top of the enclosures to get prey off the bottom of the container.