Super fast molt

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
Is it possible for a sub adult T. to molt twice in a 30 days?

I have a 4 inch Nhandu coloratovillosus female. She molted on the 19th of October. I waited a week for her to harden and fed her. She always eats alot.
She ate 3 adult dubia roaches in two weeks. Now she is sitting in her hide kinda on her side just like she was when she molted on the 19th. She is refusing food just like before her last molt. To me she is acting just like every pre-molt I have seen her go through.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I swear to God my OBT molted 2 times in several weeks, with no eating. I could be wrong, but here's the story. It molted, I was waiting to feed it, and when I went to feed it it looked larger and there was a molt in the middle of the enclosure. I need to rehouse it already!

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
tarantulas can and will molt out of necessity say if they are hurt, sick or something just isnt right. It is for sure not normal for one that size to do it. Examine her carefully and make sure she isnt missing any limbs, fangs arent broken etc.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I checked her out pretty well after her last molt as I do with all my kids and I didnt see anything wrong with her. I am hoping its just because of the weather. I live in Washington state and its been raining and there has been a little bit of a cold snap. I hope she is just reacting to the enviroment.....

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had slings molt like that, but nothing larger than 2" initially.