Suntiger or Versicolor

Suntiger or Versicolor?

• Venezuelan Suntiger (Psalmopeous irminia)

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Antilles Pink-toe (Avicularia versicolor)

Votes: 34 65.4%

• Total voters

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We are in the market for a new spider and two "exotic" pet shops around here have a Suntiger sling for $25 and the other has a Versicolor sling for $25 dollars. Both are majorly high up on the wish list, which would you get........and don't say "get both" 'cause we only get'em one at a time around here. We are leaning more towards the Versicolor since it is a bit more tame (hopefully) and since even if it turns out to be a male it will still look cool. If the Suntiger turns out to be a male I will be totally bummed:(

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you want something Tame you need to go with the Versicolor because they are doctile but they are fast so you have to be fast to catch them if run like the wind :) I just got my Versicolor yesterday and its a 1/2" it let us hold it and didn't get defensive at all. Course it didn't want to go back in the container I thinks it had a crush on my husband hehe :p :D

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by rosehaired1979
If you want something Tame you need to go with the Versicolor because they are doctile but they are fast so you have to be fast to catch them if run like the wind :)
Clearly you're not familiar with Psalmopoeus. If a versi 'runs like the wind', a Psalmopoeus travels at the speed of sound. I personally don't find Avics that fast at all.

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I only have one of each, so I don't know how typical of the species this is, but I see my versicolor all the time, whereas the suntiger is much more reclusive.

Also I can handle the versi, which is a plus, and I have to agree that if you think a versicolor is fast, then a suntiger moves at lightspeed. My versicolor's worst stunt was to sprint up my arm once--aw, kinda cute! My suntiger's worst stunt was to take off during a cage changing and lead me on a 15 minute romp around my bathroom.

Joanie

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey

I'd Go with P.irminia because they are a good challenge but if you want something docile and pretty go with A. versi. hmm come to think about it they're both great. GET THEM BOTH!!=D =D
any ways have a nice day
geo

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
Clearly you're not familiar with Psalmopoeus. If a versi 'runs like the wind', a Psalmopoeus travels at the speed of sound. I personally don't find Avics that fast at all.

lol, I second that...the A. avic I bought my nephew moves like molasses on a cold day!

Risto

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
I always found myself thinking that the Psalmpoeus was teleporting, thanks for clearing up my confusion CM :p

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Hard to say I have both. My irminia is close to 3" and the versi is only 3/4" but the versicolor is #1 on my list so I would go with that. But the Irminia is a beautiful spider also. But if you want to be able to possibly hold it I would go Versi for sure and if you want a lightning fast T go with the Irminia. They are both very nice spiders and both have their good points.

peace

TheDOn

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
both a great looking t's but nothing beats a versicolour :D

plus they have the better temprement to boot

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
get a P. cambridgi they seem to be a cross between them both they have th tarsal striping that a P. irmina has and they have the semi docile nature that a A. Versi has but if i had a choice between those 2 only i get the versi cause they are beautiful either way male or female.
Mike

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The main point I'm dealing with when it comes to choosing is the sexual dimorphism. From what I've seen there is not too much difference between male and female Versicolors(maybe only size-wise) but a male Irminia definitely pales in comparison to a female. What do you think?

Thanks for the prev. comments;)

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This one's OURS!

Here she (hopefully) is! Majority rules so we went with the versicolor. IT is so tiny but already looks very cool.

Of course this pic does it no justice...

Attachments

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like the Psalmopoeus so much more. My roommate has one and it grows like crazy. It amazes me.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

nice looking spid. Make sure you have excelent ventilation and... you know what.. at that size i would prekill its prey. I had pinhead crickets kill my babi versi once, around 2" mark they can take a little more.

-V

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
There is only ONE answer:

BOTH!

:D WELL, I WOULD!:rolleyes:

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
versi im considering buying one of those bad boys the colors are awsome, i need a non-aggresive t in my collection anywayz