Sunnyvale Pets - I jumped the gun (but got a pinktoe!)

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
I checked this place out and was sorely upset. They only had about 10 T's poorly displayed (they told me on the phone that they carried a wide array of T's), but caged ok. Prices were ok, service was poor - they did not have all T's labeled and did not know what they all were.

BUT, I got myself my first pinktoe! It's probably a little over 3" and was nice to me when I put it in it's new digs.

Bill (Invertepet), I'll be calling you for a visit.

Dario

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Most of the time when I let myself get hyped up about a store I get let down. What kind of avic did you get? Was it a Avicularia avicularia, if so they make great "pets".

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey D-man,

That sucks, it's always a bummer when you travel to a place and there isn't much to see. Glad you got the pinktoe though, the Avic's are awesome, can't go wrong with them. I to, am planning a trip to Invertepet when I get some $. Don't worry Bill, I know to call first:)

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It wont stop there on the Avics. I have 2 A. avicularia, 1 A. metallica, and an A. versicolor. the two A. avicularia are about 4" and one about 5.5", the rest are slings but they are all great.
dale

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
avicularia

Originally posted by jwb121377
Most of the time when I let myself get hyped up about a store I get let down. What kind of avic did you get? Was it a Avicularia avicularia, if so they make great "pets".
I wanted a versicolor first, but hey, they're both on my list so I made some progress. I'm gonna check out Invertepet's current stock and create a shopping list to visit Bill. First, I need to build a shelving system for my growing family.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Hi D-Man!

Hey, consider yourself lucky... there isn't a pet shop within 50 miles of me that carries 10 different species. My shop only has 2-3 different species at a time. I must rely on Swifty for anything REALLY COOL!

And remember... if they're not marked, or marked wrong, you could get a GREAT DEAL since your knowledge of Ts is probably substantially more than the shop owner!!

Congrats on the new baby!

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Inland Empire

Originally posted by MizM
Hi D-Man!

Hey, consider yourself lucky... there isn't a pet shop within 50 miles of me that carries 10 different species. My shop only has 2-3 different species at a time. I must rely on Swifty for anything REALLY COOL!

Congrats on the new baby!
Hi, Miz-

It's just that I had this picture in my head from when I first saw the place in the mid-90's. They had a cool layout with at least a hundred T's set in the walls.

Hey, I have family out there in Bloomington, Riverside, Perris, and all points in between. I just got into the hobby in February, so I've never checked things out that way. Next time I'm there, I'll have to investigate as I visist in the various neighborhoods.

Peace, Dario

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
heh...the pet store in my city carries one type of tarantula...a stripeknee, and they have 3 females....maybe if they had a male i'd buy a male and female and try out some breeding.

Risto

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: avicularia

Originally posted by D-Man
I wanted a versicolor first, but hey, they're both on my list so I made some progress. I'm gonna check out Invertepet's current stock and create a shopping list to visit Bill. First, I need to build a shelving system for my growing family.
Well I love Avicularia avicularia(I have 6) and think it is a great choice.

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love my little A. Avic. Love the way he moves.

Just gotta get him to eat...

-Jason

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Settling in

My little guy is still roaming its Lg. critter keeper. Totally ignoring it's nice pieces of bark. I'll feed it tomorrow, but I'm not expecting a response.

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Well, I was wrong!

Originally posted by D-Man
I'll feed it tomorrow, but I'm not expecting a response.
I dropped a fat cricket in and the T jumped about 6" from the wall of the critter keeper and pounced on the cricket - bulls eye. What a response, man! It had just completed about 20 minutes of grooming every leg and palp. A good T washes up before dinner :D .