Sunday funday! New additions!

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Joined a local FB reptile page and saw a guy selling some Ts for a good deal, picked up a 3" LP female, and a 2.5in G. pulchripes unknown sex, both for $50!
He also has a 2.5 in P. metallica for $100. But I need to get my case build going so held off on that for now.
Pics of the pickups: the G. pulchripes looks like it's about to shed.

Off to the Container store to get them some nice new enclosures!

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
What are the little plastic things I assume your using for water dishes called?

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Package just said box box. They were right next to the AMAC boxes though. But yeah, when I saw them I knew they would be perfect water dishes for smaller juvenile T's.
Picked up those, three AMAC boxes, and two totes. Two totes will be for my new LP and G.pulchripes, currently soaking some eco earth, but I might hold off on rehousing till tomorrow, Im thinking about doing a organic soil/ peat/ coconut blend vs straight eco earth, plus gotta let the eco earth dry a bit.
AMAC boxes are for my 2'' P. regalis and eventually my P.irmina sling, the third.......well I am super tempted to buy this guys P. metallica and temptation might give in, so gotta be prepared.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Package just said box box. They were right next to the AMAC boxes though. But yeah, when I saw them I knew they would be perfect water dishes for smaller juvenile T's.
Picked up those, three AMAC boxes, and two totes. Two totes will be for my new LP and G.pulchripes, currently soaking some eco earth, but I might hold off on rehousing till tomorrow, Im thinking about doing a organic soil/ peat/ coconut blend vs straight eco earth, plus gotta let the eco earth dry a bit.
AMAC boxes are for my 2'' P. regalis and eventually my P.irmina sling, the third.......well I am super tempted to buy this guys P. metallica and temptation might give in, so gotta be prepared.
If you hit the dollar store, can find pill boxes, just like the TCS product, 7 for a 1$

They hold 15 mL of solution, perfect for many small/medium terrestrials and Avics up to 5" DLS as well.

The colors can match your Ts if you have the right Ts hah.

Pills.JPG

View media item 34728

Last edited:

evilebe

Arachnosquire
Those are cool. I have water bottle lids. Those look nice, though.

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Got my P.regalis into his new amac box last night, smooth side by side transfer. Need to get some taller pieces of cork bark in there and maybe a silk leaf or two, but was surprised to see how much webbing it already layed down. Didn't think pokies usually webbed a whole bunch.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Got my P.regalis into his new amac box last night, smooth side by side transfer. Need to get some taller pieces of cork bark in there and maybe a silk leaf or two, but was surprised to see how much webbing it already layed down. Didn't think pokies usually webbed a whole bunch.
At that size several of my pokies made a web/dirt curtain and then (not counting their feet) I didn't see them for a long time. It is not uncommon for then to dig as well.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The sub in this cup started slightly below the 1 cup mark. It dug and webbed up till it had a nice wood/hole/dirt hide going. It poked out the feet to let me know that I could give it some food. Then once it eat it's fill it disappeared till it molted. Now they are both bigger and are out a lot more. I'll be setting up new enclosures for them and when I do I hope to uncover a molt in there that will be in good enough shape to let me sex them. Side note I really need a table saw to make the enclosures I'll be needing soon.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
If you hit the dollar store, can find pill boxes, just like the TCS product, 7 for a 1$
They hold 15 mL of solution, perfect for many small/medium terrestrials and Avics up to 5" DLS as well.
The colors can match your Ts if you have the right Ts hah.
View attachment 217350
View media item 34728
I use those, but I can only get four for a dollar. They are great for water - the one thing I've used that has never leaked a drop.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I use those, but I can only get four for a dollar. They are great for water - the one thing I've used that has never leaked a drop.
Wow only 4? I feel even more lucky now. Mine never leak either. I haven't had any leaks w/ ExoTerra Small Water bowls so far.