Sunburst Spider

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I saw some sunbursts at my local petstore, they resembled an Usumbara. How do I keep these sunbursts? How closelely related to the Usumbaras are they

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My experience is only with a spiderling but they are beautiful even as babies and they grow up to be the nicest spiders in my opinion. THey are an arboreal species and they are not as aggressive as an Usumbura but they are still not to be held.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Is it a togo starburst or a starburst baboon? Togo starburst is a completely different genus and species. If it was just a starburst, then it's quite possible that it is an usumbara. Depending on who you talk to, some will say that they are just color morphs of the same species. Either way, care is pretty much the same as usumbaras.

Scott

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got a starburst baboon and it turn out to be a usumbara. She started off this really pretty red and orange then just turn after 2 molts. :D ;) :)

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

They dont call it Starburst, Im talking about SUNBURST, they call it sunburst and it looked a lot like an Usumbara to me.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Oops, sorry about that. Either way though, sunburst is P. murinus which some people say is what usumbara's are. They get about the same size as the usumbara's and are taken care of the same way.

Scott

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks

Thanks a lot for the info guys, do these guys like it dry?