Suitable Tub for P. muticus?

Kayis

Arachnopeon
I'm always hesitant to ask about that kind of stuff though, makes me feel like I'm wasting the seller's time.
eh... don't be afraid to ask a vendor questions like that or anything else. Worst thing they can say is no. I just picked up an unsexed juvie a little while ago and it has just settled in. It rejected my pre-made burrow but luckily decided to do it in another corner where it's still visible. Either way have fun with the queen.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
No matter how deep the soil, the P muticus is going to the bottom. I'm starting to question after a certain point, like 6", how much it really matters. I know the purist would say, "You know in the wild, they may be as deep as 10 feet". Well frankly, my house isn't the wild. They get a steady food supply and don't have to worry about predators or parasites.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
No matter how deep the soil, the P muticus is going to the bottom. I'm starting to question after a certain point, like 6", how much it really matters. I know the purist would say, "You know in the wild, they may be as deep as 10 feet". Well frankly, my house isn't the wild. They get a steady food supply and don't have to worry about predators or parasites.
I feel the same way. I've stopped mine at between 7" and 8". There really isn't any need for more.