Suitable Live plants

Frank F

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! :). Yesterday I found a nice crassulea reduced at a garden centre. I was hoping to add it to an A. chalcodes setup, but upon further research I read that they are mildly toxic to animals when consumed. I also know that many Ts have a tendency of chewing on plants and other things I’m their surroundings so I am now thinking twice before introducing it into her environment. What are your thoughts on this?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi everyone! :). Yesterday I found a nice crassulea reduced at a garden centre. I was hoping to add it to an A. chalcodes setup, but upon further research I read that they are mildly toxic to animals when consumed. I also know that many Ts have a tendency of chewing on plants and other things I’m their surroundings so I am now thinking twice before introducing it into her environment. What are your thoughts on this?
Is this plant native to habitat of the species?

Also, plants and Ts don’t usually get along too well.

Penn

Arachnosquire
I put some Crassula muscosa in my A. iodius enclosure and she bulldozed it in one day. The plant does well in dry conditions, so it would be compatible with desert species. I can't say I know enough about its toxicity and whether or not a T will chew on it to recommend it though.

I haven't heard of Ts actually consuming plants, but they sure do love rearranging them.