Suitable for a 5" H. Gigas?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
looks a little thin.. i like to have something bigger. they get around 7-8" im pretty sure so it'll out grow that.
my set up is a 5 gallon tank, perfect for life.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
That's a tight fit for a 5" T. I was prepared to open the link and find some huge container and tell you that she'll never use that much room. I found the opposite. How about one of those big cheeseball or pretzel barrels?

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the suggestions, it did seem a little small once she was in there. I got her out and moved her to a large sterilite container.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
5L cereal containers will do up until around 3". Goot attempt for substrate depth but will need some more area for burrows too. It should be at least 2x this width and you are good for another couple moults.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Great container...for an I. mira. Too narrow due to the size of T.

Put that T into a paludarium like many other members have, it's too unique a species not to do so. If one doesn't, it's like owning an I. mira that didn't make a trapdoor.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Not what you asked @dopamine (you've got great answers already), but I'm throwing this out there.

Those containers rely on negative internal pressure to stay closed - that's what the button on top is for. By you putting air holes in it, you have taken away the only locking mechanism that the container had. A smaller tarantula wouldn't be able to lift the lid, but a larger one certainly could. If you don't incorporate some type of locking mechanism (even tape), I wouldn't use that in the future. Learn from my mistakes ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not what you asked @dopamine (you've got great answers already), but I'm throwing this out there.

Those containers rely on negative internal pressure to stay closed - that's what the button on top is for. By you putting air holes in it, you have taken away the only locking mechanism that the container had. A smaller tarantula wouldn't be able to lift the lid, but a larger one certainly could. If you don't incorporate some type of locking mechanism (even tape), I wouldn't use that in the future. Learn from my mistakes ;)
Don't spill the beans so quickly, everyone needs an OW on the loose to liven things up around the holidays! ;)

dopamine

Arachnobaron
5L cereal containers will do up until around 3". Goot attempt for substrate depth but will need some more area for burrows too. It should be at least 2x this width and you are good for another couple moults.
Good to know! I've since put my 2" P. muticus in the cereal container and he /she seems to love it.

Attachments

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should move up to a bigger container and put in a water bowl big enough to swim in. These Ts can swim :)

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Don't spill the beans so quickly, everyone needs an OW on the loose to liven things up around the holidays! ;)
*Tells annoying relatives I have an obt on the loose*
*watches annoying family members google "OBT"*
*Watches annoying family members make bs excuses and leave*

Best holiday season ever!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
*Tells annoying relatives I have an obt on the loose*
*watches annoying family members google "OBT"*
*Watches annoying family members make bs excuses and leave*

Best holiday season ever!
Isn't it funny how they always get loose during holiday gatherings?