Suggestions.

Querx

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I'm getting back into the hobby after having taken a few years break. I'm looking for an old world species (to avoid hairs)to start off my collection again. Terrestrial species are ideal for the enclosure I have (measures 45cm across by 30 width by 30 high). Ideally something with interesting markings more so than colour.

Anyone got any good suggestions? Pretty much open to anything so long as it doesn't flick hairs or have an arboreal lifestyle.

Querx

Arachnopeon
Hapactira, Ceratogyrus, Pterinochilus, Cyriopagopus.
Ah yes! Kept two of those before (Pterinochilus and Ceratogyrus) and the other two look interesting as well. Might go for a Cyriopagopus looking now at some care sheets, or if not I may get a Ceratogyrus again. Think I had a marshalli if I remember right. Always liked the horns.

Anyway, cheers for the ideas.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Ah yes! Kept two of those before (Pterinochilus and Ceratogyrus) and the other two look interesting as well. Might go for a Cyriopagopus looking now at some care sheets, or if not I may get a Ceratogyrus again. Think I had a marshalli if I remember right. Always liked the horns.

Anyway, cheers for the ideas.
You probably shouldn't follow online care sheets.. they are nearly all bad.

Querx

Arachnopeon
You probably shouldn't follow online care sheets.. they are nearly all bad.
Yeah they can be conflicting, but for some comparative general info they're convenient. Once I've chosen a species I'll be researching it more thoroughly, don't you worry.

D. diamantinensis (NW no hairs) as well as N. incei
Interesting to find some NWs without hairs. Like the look of them too. Thanks :)

Rob1985

This user has no status.
You should definitely a Euathlus sp. Red! I know they're NW, but they almost never kick and are pretty much the "Puppy Dog" of the T world!

Querx

Arachnopeon
You should definitely a Euathlus sp. Red! I know they're NW, but they almost never kick and are pretty much the "Puppy Dog" of the T world!
Nah, they do look lovely, but my skin sucks at handling hairs unfortunately. Used to get a real nasty rash from my Brachypelmas when I had my previous collection.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Nah, they do look lovely, but my skin sucks at handling hairs unfortunately. Used to get a real nasty rash from my Brachypelmas when I had my previous collection.
Oh believe me, I understand! Cleaning the enclosure of my L. parahybana involves a catch cup, long sleeves, gloves and two pairs of tongs. lol

I love the Euathlus sp. Red because they're incredibly docile and I'm on a docile slow T kick these days. Maybe an OBT or a P. lugardi? How about an E. pachypus? (if you can find one)

Querx

Arachnopeon
Oh believe me, I understand! Cleaning the enclosure of my L. parahybana involves a catch cup, long sleeves, gloves and two pairs of tongs. lol

I love the Euathlus sp. Red because they're incredibly docile and I'm on a docile slow T kick these days. Maybe an OBT or a P. lugardi? How about an E. pachypus? (if you can find one)
Heh. OBT is the only T I ever had escape (albeit briefly). P. lugardi have always looked pretty good, so I might go for one of those. Do they typically loaf in a burrow or are they likely to need a lot of floor space?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Do a favor to yourself, and buy that 0.1 H.hainanum (now called C.hainanum... Christ if I miss the 'Haplo' part) that the TSS has for sale ;-)

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Heh. OBT is the only T I ever had escape (albeit briefly). P. lugardi have always looked pretty good, so I might go for one of those. Do they typically loaf in a burrow or are they likely to need a lot of floor space?
Last time I had a P. lugardi was years ago and I gave it about half the amount of a typical deep burrower. She ended up making a shallow burrow with prolific webbing structure around it! She was on the surface pretty often too.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Harpactira!!! They are so easy to care for and every single species in the genus is gorgeous! My top recommendation goes to H. marksi simply because I find their markings and coloration to be the most beautiful of the genus. I also have H. pulchripes and H. chrysogaster and would recommend those as well. Not to mention H. namaquensis, H. baviana, H. cafreriana, and H. curvipes. You really can't go wrong with this genus. I see my H. marksi and H. pulchripes out much more than my H. chrysogaster right now, but none of them are -complete- pet holes, if that's something you're concerned about.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Do a favor to yourself, and buy that 0.1 H.hainanum (now called C.hainanum... Christ if I miss the 'Haplo' part) that the TSS has for sale ;-)
I might need one of these in the near future. Thanks man, like I need a longer list.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Get what you want, but if you want a fast T, that burrows a lot, no urticating setae and weak venom, get N. incei, they do not disappoint. All the features of an OW, but w/out the attitude. They have an excellent feeding response, and are dense webbers too.