Suggestions on Arboreals

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I need a good arboreal i'm planning to buy one.no pokes because I don't think I'm ready for one( i had one but it day how sad so i can't get over that) any ways any suggestions I was thinking P. Irminia looks awesome but i'm not sure. what is a good arboreal tarantula?

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Depends on what you are looking for, one you can hold or one you can't. The P. Irminia is an awesome looking arboreal, but it is fast and very aggressive. If you want an arboreal that you will be able to handle, I would suggest an Avicularia. They are docile and many are also great display arboreals. Take a look at some pics of the Avic's and decide for yourself. The ornamentals are also great display T's, but they too are fast and aggressive.

Good Luck finding your arboreal :)

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
A. avicularia - (pinktoe) are great. Or variants thereof, such as A. metallica (whitetoe)... If you want something even flashier, there's A. versicolor. All three are great spiders.

bill

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can't go wrong with an Avicularia. Definitely start off with one of practically any species and sooner or later (probably sooner) you can move on to a more aggressive/defensive arboreal.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by nemesis6sic6
I need a good arboreal i'm planning to buy one.no pokes because I don't think I'm ready for one( i had one but it day how sad so i can't get over that) any ways any suggestions I was thinking P. Irminia looks awesome but i'm not sure. what is a good arboreal tarantula?
I'd recommend A. versicolor. There are no more beautiful spiders out there, they have a temperament suitable for even a beginning keeper, and mine spend more time out of their retreats than most other arboreals.

Joy

KelliH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definitely the A. versicolor. That was my first arboreal and watching it go through it's color changes was what got me really interested in obtaining more T's!

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have both an A. avicularia and an A. aurentiaca sling. But pretty soon I'll have an A. versicolor and an A. metallica (I just love that name.). No Togo Sunbursts!