Suggestions for scorpion viv?

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
I'm not much of a scorpion guy but I'm wanting to have a scorpion vivarium set up sometime soon. Any sp. suggestions that are arboreal, tolerant of each other and can be kept in slightly humid environment?
I have the opportunity to purchase, Opisthacanthus asper but while I like the looks of the them I doubt they can be kept together.

-JohnD.

Jonathan159

Arachnosquire
Centruroides Vittatus is a semi-arboreal scorpion that tends to hang upside down under bark etc and even molts in this position. They are easy to keep and maintain and one of the best species to be kept communally. There are two categories of this species which I forget the names of but it basically means one is a "dry" and the other prefers more of a humid environment. They are pretty adaptable and hardy so a great scorpion for a beginner. As for Opisthacanthus spp, from my knowledge they are borrowers and climbers but I could be wrong here as I've only ever spoken to people about them and never actually owned one.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Opisthacanthus are burrowers, so you'd need a deep substrate for them and I'm pretty sure they don't play nicely together either. Centruroides vittatus, C. gracilis, and C. sculpturatus are all arboreal and fairly communal, and they're pretty hardy too. Tityus stigmurus do very well together, but need to be kept humid to thrive. @gromgrom has some photos floating around somewhere of his super colony of those.