Suggestions for next arboreal..

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Black and orange is my favourite colour combo. The irminia IMO is the most beautiful arboreal :)

louise f

Arachnoangel
Black and orange is my favourite colour combo. The irminia IMO is the most beautiful arboreal :)
I think it is hard to pick a favorite Psalmo, i love all of them. They are beautiful each one of them in their own ways. And they are my favorite aboreals. :) But the P.ecclesiasticus must be my favorite if i have to pick one of the Psalms :)

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I was gonna suggest a possible Tappie as well...but yeah those are uber fast. However, if the OP has Pokies then he would probably be ok with their speed. I think T. gigas it the largest Tap at 5-6 inches but I think some of the others (like purpureus) only get to around 4 inches. Maybe a little over.

Too bad you can't get a psalmo...I love mine. But yeah, P. cam can apparently get up to 7 inches. Probably a tad large for your setup. :D

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yep I have seen a few videos of them now and after a bit of reading found out the only one over 4-4.5" is the T. gigas.

They seem interesting but lack the colouring apart from one very,very expensive one ahah.

I am swaying towards the A. minatrix, A. diversipes or Psalmopeous langenbucheri, if I can find them. :bookworm:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I really love, and I mean LOVE, Psalmopoeus pulcher. They are one of the most gorgeous tarantulas ever. I also love P. cambridgei, but P. pulcher is my favourite of the genus by far.
I think they probably get too big for what you're looking for, though.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
P. pulcher is my favourite of the genus by far
Due to their looks? I have a pulcher, it's only 3.5" DLS at the moment. But I think irminia are more striking. Maybe I need to wait till it's an adult.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
But I think irminia are more striking.
They are gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but I think I would like them more if they were solid black. I have a thing for beige spiders, too. That is why I have this obsession with A. chalcodes.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Awch hell. I'm gonna need to clear some space. I am absolutely torn. I dont know which to go for. I can't seen to find avic minatrix yet but I will keep looking. Once I have shifted a few duplicates from the personal collection then maybe I will have room for a new small enclosure :rolleyes: