Suggestions for colorful, non-pet-hole T?

Jake J

Arachnochode
The wife has sent me on a mission to find a new species that's colorful and isn't constantly in hiding. We already have a GBB, which I assume would be the go-to for most. Any suggestions besides the GBB?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Buy that female Acanthoscurria geniculata, then come here and say: "Chris, you were right" :kiss:

Amazing colors, always out in the open. Go my man, buy that for your loved one.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Last edited:

Jake J

Arachnochode
Looks like you have a boehmi and an emilia there...I don't have those yet, but want both! Have all the others. Thanks!

cold blood

Staff member
The wife has sent me on a mission to find a new species that's colorful and isn't constantly in hiding. We already have a GBB, which I assume would be the go-to for most. Any suggestions besides the GBB?
Thanks, but already have two smithis, and several other Brachys!
All we have to go on is the original post, I was under the impression reading that, that you only had the GBB. We're not mind readers, fill us in on what you have before asking for suggestions on what to get next;)

View media item 32147

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
All we have to go on is the original post, I was under the impression reading that, that you only had the GBB. We're not mind readers, fill us in on what you have before asking for suggestions on what to get next;)
in his bio theres some OW.

Jake J

Arachnochode

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Euathlus sp. "blue femur"
Avicularia juruensis, geroldi, minatrix, sp. "amazonica" ...to name a few. They're all pretty.
Homoeomma sp. "blue"
Grammostola iheringi or pulchripes

...just a few NWs there. If we're talking OW, there's tons more...

Last edited:

Jake J

Arachnochode

Jake J

Arachnochode
Euathlus sp. "blue femur"
Avicularis juruensis, geroldi, minatrix, sp. "amazonica" ...to name a few. They're all pretty.
Homoeomma sp. "blue"
Grammostola iheringi or pulchripes

...just a few NWs there. If we're talking OW, there's tons more...
So what would be your OW suggestions? Right now I just have P. muticus and H. lividum for OW.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What's the last one you have listed there?
H. sp. Columbia "Large", they get to about 3", my AF female, was at 2.75-3" DLS. Common name Pumpkin Patch. There are 2 other species that look very similar to this one, each one is successfully smaller than the other. I have one of those as well. The large "form" is the most common one of the 3.

It's the only locality I'm aware of that has adult colors from the beginning. Even at 1/8" they have adult colors. Also, their ferocious feeding response is present at that size as well, unlike many other NW Ts of that size.

Jake J

Arachnochode
H. sp. Columbia "Large", they get to about 3", my AF female, was at 2.75-3" DLS. Common name Pumpkin Patch. There are 2 other species that look very similar to this one, each one is successfully smaller than the other. I have one of those as well. The large "form" is the most common one of the 3.

It's the only locality I'm aware of that has adult colors from the beginning. Even at 1/8" they have adult colors. Also, their ferocious feeding response is present at that size as well, unlike many other NW Ts of that size.
Pretty cool, might have to look more into them. Have any dealer recommendations? Feel free to PM me if you want ;)

Jake J

Arachnochode
Pretty cool, might have to look more into them. Have any dealer recommendations? Feel free to PM me if you want ;)
Know much about Pamphobeteus machala? Wifey loves the purple color. Looking for a reputable seller with reasonable prices.