Suggestion for posting in tarantula question/discussion sub-forum.

Swagg

Arachnoknight
I would like to suggest when posting in the tarantula question/discussion sub-forum that there would be an added message (maybe over the text box for the message body) that states something along the line of "if you are posting about a T emergency I.e. death curl, not acting right, not eating, injured or are have a question about an enclosure set-up please provide pictures of the tarantula with pictures of entire enclosure.

I see posts all of the time asking questions like this, and 7 people have to jump in and tell them to post pictures with very little information to get an idea of what is going on with the OP's spider. I think this would streamline that process, making it easier for people replying and getting a faster response and possible solution for the OP.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I agree completely, it would certainly make peoples job on here quicker to helping out the OP, instead of having to wait for them to post pictures before anything can be done to help

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
We actually do suggest that people post pictures. It says it right here: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/welcome-to-arachnoboards-updated-2019.44878/ Under "Some General Notes on Posting: ", the 6th bulletin down.

So while we agree and appreciate your suggestion, we feel it will be pointless because people don't read first. If they did, there would not be so many similar threads asking similar questions. ;)

On a side note: Out of curiosity, how many of you that posted or replied in this thread, or "reacted" to a post in this thread, read the link that I posted before I posted it? Did you even know it existed? Just wondering. ;)

Debby

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
We actually do suggest that people post pictures. It says it right here: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/welcome-to-arachnoboards-updated-2019.44878/ Under "Some General Notes on Posting: ", the 6th bulletin down.

So while we agree and appreciate your suggestion, we feel it will be pointless because people don't read first. If they did, there would not be so many similar threads asking similar questions. ;)

On a side note: Out of curiosity, how many of you that posted or replied in this thread, or "reacted" to a post in this thread, read the link that I posted before I posted it? Did you even know it existed? Just wondering. ;)

Debby
I didnt know it existed, but I now!!

Swagg

Arachnoknight
I have read it. Thank you for the reply.

I didnt know it existed, but I now!!
A lot of people don’t, or read it and then forget about it when they need it. There is good information there, people just tend to not read it or look for it.