suddenly really active

Anna

Arachnopeon
I got a theraphosa (not blondi, the other one) a little bit ago, and the guy I got it from said its likely coming up on a molt. It hangs out, doesn't do much, but the last day or two it shuffles around so much I can hear it across the room. It's like climbing up the tank walls as best it can and just never stops walking around hah. This is just verry different from before.
Ideas?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Without seeing the a picture of the T, I would guess it might be a MM.

Or, IIRC, I was once told that W/C Theraphosa wonder alot. Be it male or female. Something about they dont take to well to being captive.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
I am agreeing with this without a picture its prolly a MM looking for a partner

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not an mm. My t spineps wonders whenever he gets stressed. Give him a month and then he will be a good pet rock.

Anna

Arachnopeon
With that still the case, it likes to try and climb up the walls of his tank and then he sort of falls down. He doesn't seem to have hurt himself or anything but... anyway, here's a picture. I don't know if you can tell what sex it is from it. Some other members thought it was female. You can see his tweaked feet from a molt last time in it too.

Attachments

TarantulaFever

Arachnopeon
With that still the case, it likes to try and climb up the walls of his tank and then he sort of falls down. He doesn't seem to have hurt himself or anything but... anyway, here's a picture. I don't know if you can tell what sex it is from it. Some other members thought it was female. You can see his tweaked feet from a molt last time in it too.
Looks like a female to me.

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you can never predict their attitude.. sometimes they just like to sit around.. and other times they walk, climb and re-arrange things inside their enclosure..

just like humans do.. sometimes you want to be alone but other times you want to go out and have fun..

so i think it's perfectly normal for your T to do that.. some of mine (though not Theraphosa) does the same.. you'll never know what they'll do next.. and that makes keeping them interesting.. :D

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The dark "triangle" in the furrow indicates male.