Sudden change of behaviour

quirinus

Arachnoknight
So i got my female Psalmopoeus cambridgei one year ago as an adult. She used to be very reclusive. Watching her was something very special, i only saw her at night when it was pitch-dark.
Now, from one day to the next, she is stayin outside continously. Since 3 days already. Not in a stress pose or something. She is lurking. I took a look into her hide it is fine. Nothing around her has changed. She is well fed.
Have you experienced such a sudden change of behaviour?
I love this species. They hunt like stalkers.

DSC_0160.JPG

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
As they grow larger they have less predators and tend to hide less. They are more vulnerable at the smaller sizes and that is why they keep out of sight. With size, they become more bold and stay out in the open more often.
My girl is always out and about where I can see her and she is absolutely glorious. One of my favourites. I love seeing her and would be heartbroken if she were reclusive. She lets me watch her hunt all the time and even take photos of her hunting. She's extremely tolerant of me.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
So i got my female Psalmopoeus cambridgei one year ago as an adult. She used to be very reclusive. Watching her was something very special, i only saw her at night when it was pitch-dark.
Now, from one day to the next, she is stayin outside continously. Since 3 days already. Not in a stress pose or something. She is lurking. I took a look into her hide it is fine. Nothing around her has changed. She is well fed.
Have you experienced such a sudden change of behaviour?
I love this species. They hunt like stalkers.

View attachment 363379
I've had several of my spiders whole personalities change, but this is usually after they have moulted.

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
I caught my P. irminia out twice in the last week after not seeing her for 3 months. This was also about 2.5 weeks after a molt. Was starting to think that this is the most beautiful spider I will never see. :)

quirinus

Arachnoknight
As they grow larger they have less predators and tend to hide less. They are more vulnerable at the smaller sizes and that is why they keep out of sight. With size, they become more bold and stay out in the open more often.
My girl is always out and about where I can see her and she is absolutely glorious. One of my favourites. I love seeing her and would be heartbroken if she were reclusive. She lets me watch her hunt all the time and even take photos of her hunting. She's extremely tolerant of me.
I've had several of my spiders whole personalities change, but this is usually after they have moulted.
Thanks for your replies. I know they change behavior when getting older and sometimes after molt. I was just surprised and euphoric about that sudden change (t is adult since like three years and did not molt recently).

It happens- next!
:sleepy: