Successful Molts

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Since everyone knows that I just lost an a. avic to a bad molt last Friday, I thought I would just add a happier note today. One of my b. vagans s'lings molted on 8/29 and now my a. versi molted 9/6 and both appear to be doing well :) I'm happy and not so nervous about molts now:). If and when I get access to a good quality camera, I will photograph the s'lings :)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Glad to hear about the success. Being a proud new father to a various assortment of juv's and slings, I am anxious about upcoming molts as well. I check on them so much when I'm home that I'm sure they are happy when I'm at work.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congratulations. As time passes and you see more and more go successfully you'll feel better and better about it. I've had Tarantulas for the better part of twenty years and never lost one yet to a moult - you just beat the odds in a really bad way with your pinktoe.

It's a good thing I don't get nervous over moultings anymore because with 17 Ts of various sizes and ages, somebody's moulting every couple of weeks. This week alone my B. annitha and N. coloratovillosus moulted. The week before, my A. versicolor and A. geniculata did the 'jump' out of their skins routine.

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats...

Hi...

I know how it is, it's kinda scary, I have had my A. Avic doing a second molt today and it went fine.

My 2 versicolor has done a molt each and it went fine and so with my Green Bottle Blue.

I think the "cue" is to rise the humidity when the molt is around to happen.
I have had my humidifier going in the room plus that we have had "tarantula" weather here now for some days, so I think that getting the humidity % up a bit is important when molt is close, meaning any sign that they are going into molt.

I have had 5 s'ling molts done without any problem, so far touch wood, so I think I have got some good molt-enviroment.

Kenny