Successful B. emilia pairing!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Whereas my P. striata pairing has me wondering if there was a successful insertion, my B. emilia pair certainly got the job done. The female molted just about a month ago, meaning she is primped and ready to mate without any real risk of her molting out in the near future. The male was a little older, which made me a bit worried. That was unneeded, though.

The male was introduced at 5PM, and the two started tapping within ten minutes. There was a bit of flirting; male runs away, she chases him, she runs away, he chases her. About an hour of this later, the deed was done. She let him back away on his own, and he wasted no time getting out of Dodge. Good thing I had that catch cup ready. Now I need to find someone with another female to ship him off to.

Looks like I'm going to have the pitter-patter of B. emilia feet in the future :D

So far, here's what we're looking at over in my T room:
P. striata - Questionable success
B. emilia - Certain insertion
E. truculentus - Waiting on the male
C. cyaneopubescens - Waiting for the obviously premolt female to molt

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Good luck! Step one accomplished! Those are some great species you've got. You have a male truculentus you're waiting for to molt to MM?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Whereas my P. striata pairing has me wondering if there was a successful insertion, my B. emilia pair certainly got the job done. The female molted just about a month ago, meaning she is primped and ready to mate without any real risk of her molting out in the near future. The male was a little older, which made me a bit worried. That was unneeded, though.

The male was introduced at 5PM, and the two started tapping within ten minutes. There was a bit of flirting; male runs away, she chases him, she runs away, he chases her. About an hour of this later, the deed was done. She let him back away on his own, and he wasted no time getting out of Dodge. Good thing I had that catch cup ready. Now I need to find someone with another female to ship him off to.

Looks like I'm going to have the pitter-patter of B. emilia feet in the future :D

So far, here's what we're looking at over in my T room:
P. striata - Questionable success
B. emilia - Certain insertion
E. truculentus - Waiting on the male
C. cyaneopubescens - Waiting for the obviously premolt female to molt
Well now you now why the MM GBB wouldn't perform, the lady didn't have her ball room gown on.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
You have a male truculentus you're waiting for to molt to MM?
Nope, @sdsnybny as a MM ready to go. My female just molted and it's ridiculously hot right now, so we're holding off on the shipping for the moment. It's just a matter of time.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Nope, @sdsnybny as a MM ready to go. My female just molted and it's ridiculously hot right now, so we're holding off on the shipping for the moment. It's just a matter of time.
I also have two more immature males one to two molts out, congrates on the B. emillia paring.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Congrats! Soon you'll have a bunch of pebbles (slow growing) running around! Def keep us updated on your E. truculentus, wouldn't mind taking a few off your hands in the future (maybe an AB member discount? lol) ;)

DeanK

Arachnosquire
Awesome. I think B. emilia is next on my list of T's to get as I grow my collection down the line

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Woot woot!!! Go @EulersK with the pairing!!! B.emilia can throw down some good size sacs. ;):D
I've seen! The largest I've seen a report of was ~650. On that note, I'll definitely be selling pretty cheaply. With the others included, I'm not interested in holding on to nearly 1k slings for very long.