Success finally

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Finally I've rounded up some specimens to try to start a breeding group . and if anyone can Id them I would appreciate it got seven six suspect abults one little guy check it out 8353.jpg
PS they move prity fast
Not sure if that helps

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
They are probably Julids, but beyond that, I have no clue. Many of the Julids are very similar looking and can only be identified via genital dissection, so it can be very hard to get an ID on them.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
When you said success finally I thought it was someone who finally bred a certain myriapod species. I looked to see what species it was and if it was something special. Did you mean success collecting and did you have a difficult time finding julids when collecting in the past? What makes these guys such a success?
As hisserdude said it is not easy to identify julids even to the genus. An expert with specimens in hand wouldn't even try dissecting genitalia without collection information (state, county).

Jerry

Arachnobaron
@Elytra and Antenna no they are not super special and yes collecting them been looking all summer and I'm sorry if you were confused by what I said but I've looked long and hard for them and am hoping to breed them I finally have a group of them and I thought that it was prity simple to understand from the original post that I collected them to breed meaning the collecting of 7 individuals being the success

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Congrats. What kind of places did you look? What state are you in? What do you attribute your eventual success in finding them?

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I work a a saw mill I looked around our waist wood pile and surrounding area I'm In Nebraska a I believe that the hot hot dry summer weather was my problem but we had a stretch of cooler weter weather that I believe made the difference

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Up date got I. There in close today to IMG_20170723_181825331.jpg and found these guys there every where IMG_20170723_181947281.jpg IMG_20170723_181938786.jpg super excited

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
I work a a saw mill I looked around our waist wood pile and surrounding area I'm In Nebraska a I believe that the hot hot dry summer weather was my problem but we had a stretch of cooler weter weather that I believe made the difference
Probably right. I've seen fewer millipedes and carabid beetles this relatively hot dry year than last year, when there was abundant spring rain.

Congrats on finding the millipedes and good luck with breeding them! :) I don't think there are many millipede species in Nebraska -- not like the coast and Appalachian areas. I think these millipedes are most likely a species of Blaniulus (if the spots are red) or Cylindroiulus but I could be mistaken; there are many julids now widespread.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I actually found the adults last year the first photo in the thread is of the adults I caught last year the pics just posted are of baby's I found today thanks for the congrats breeding was successful :D

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Thanks had about given up on them reproducing and there they are