substrate

JonnyK

Arachnopeon
I'm getting two rose hairs Wednesday now and I set their tanks up with "Jolly Gardener" potting soil. Will that be okay? I also have some peat moss mixed with vermiculite that I could use, should I use that?

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm getting two rose hairs Wednesday now and I set their tanks up with "Jolly Gardener" potting soil. Will that be okay? I also have some peat moss mixed with vermiculite that I could use, should I use that?
I would go with the peat. the soil is fine as well, barring it has no chemical additives.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As long as the soil has no chemicals in it, it should be fine. I would reccomend peat moss or the bricks of substrate from pet stores. I personally use the 2 I mentioned mixed.

For my rosies I use 50% of the brick substrate(coconut coir) and 50% sand. Some people say not to use sand, but I've been using it and it works just fine.

JonnyK

Arachnopeon
Do you think it would be a good idea to mix the peat moss with the soil, or how about having a thin layer of peat moss on top of the soil. Should I do that?

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi i would only use the coconut coir in the tanks as i never had a problem with it and my - t.s - seem to get on fine with it as well :clap: :worship: === phil

jeep

Arachnopeon
I have used 50/50 Peat and Soil. I have also used coconut fiber.

Both work great, but I'm mostly using coco now.