Substrate...

Pedemonte Mario

Arachnopeon
People say to overflow the waterdish or spray the substrate...

But won't it mold after long time?

I'm using the regular cocofiber.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Depends on the species. Pouring water into the substrate is far superior btw. Misting is practically useless. I water tiny slings with a mister however.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
What kind of T?

@Venom1080 Agreed. OP -- what kind of T is this -- is a sling or an adult that requires extra moisture?

For mine, I rotate the dampened area and just fill mine's water dish normally. Sometimes water dish is on dampened area, sometimes not.

Also, a little mold isn't the end of the world, and small amounts of mold could be dried out or wiped away. Of course, there are millions of spores you will miss. And, are you leaving in boluses or something (aside from friendly damp conditions) that could attract mold? Anyway, I shouldn't worry too much - our world is full of microbial lifeforms. lol

sasker

Arachnoprince
The introduction of springtails and isopods could also be solution. I haven't tried it myself, but I will do so the next time I will rehouse my Pamphobeteus sp.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have only ever had mold issues when there was something in there to feed the mold. I don't think it can exist on coco fiber alone, although I have had mushrooms spring up from seemingly nothing. Never seemed to cause any problem for my t's though. A couple days drying out and they disappear to wherever they came from.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Overflow the water dish then let the substrate dry, then rinse and repeat, easy..123