Substrate

Angie79

Arachnopeon
This is a 3.5 gal tank, is this enough substrate? I'm very new to owning a T, need advice please and thanks. Also what is the best food for a T? I basically rescued this guy/girl, any help is appreciated. 20170322_090525_HDR.jpg

cold blood

Staff member
its fine, however those gauges are totally useless.

dry sub and a water dish is all you need to know.

crickets are the main hobby feeder...this species has very low food requirements...1-3 crickets monthly is fine....feeding one every 10-20 days is a good rule if thumb.

they also can go long periods without food, so dont fret if it doesnt eat for long periods of time....like a yr or more.

Angie79

Arachnopeon
its fine, however those gauges are totally useless.

dry sub and a water dish is all you need to know.

crickets are the main hobby feeder...this species has very low food requirements...1-3 crickets monthly is fine....feeding one every 10-20 days is a good rule if thumb.

they also can go long periods without food, so dont fret if ut doesnt eat for long periods of time....like a yr or more.

Angie79

Arachnopeon
My kids put those gauges in there, I will remove them. Thank you !

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
That setup is fine for Brachypelma species.

Baumgarteni arent seen very often. You got a great T. :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I would personally add a bit more of substrate, but the set up is fine.

Uhm those gauges differs from the average I've saw in pics so far: from a certain perspective, yours looks like 'The Time Machine' movie clocks, two colors... bit of Steampunk to an extent, si si :pompous:

Angie79

Arachnopeon
I would personally add a bit more of substrate, but the set up is fine.

Uhm those gauges differs from the average I've saw in pics so far: from a certain perspective, yours looks like 'The Time Machine' movie clocks, two colors... bit of Steampunk to an extent, si si :pompous:
Lol lol my kids put them in there! Thank you for the advice

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It's fine, the general rule is that the gap between the top of the substrate and the top of the enclosure should be no more than 2x the Tarantula's leg span.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
What type of cover is being used on the top? Screen cover or plastic with holes in it?

Haemus

Arachnosquire
I feed my Ts mainly meal worms or super worms. But crickets get the best feeding response and is fun to watch :)