• 75% vermicuite-25% peat moss

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • other...please state in reply post

Votes: 414 33.1%

• Total voters

myTwilleatU12

Arachnopeon
Coconut Fiber

Zoo Med Eco Earth coconut fiber is my choice.

PROS:
1 Holds moisture really good
2 Safe
3 Pretty good for burrowing
4 Looks natural

CONS:
1 Its compressed and you have to add water to it so it expands
2 A little on the pricey side

SpiderDane

Arachnopeon
I use Humus bricks. My live plants are doing very well in it. And my spiders loves it.

I´m not a fan of the potting soil. Potting soil = Living room plants in the window. {D

qu1ck

Arachnopeon
Hi Elizabeth....try avoid killing of T's of well intentioned newbies..lol..Why don't you research/search posts for cedar topics before you jump to conclusions.The cedar topic has been hashed over and over again dealing with fresh and composted cedar.I've made clear in posts along with others that composted cedar mulch is no longer toxic and fine for use. >>CLICK HERE FOR EXAMPLE POST<< .If a newbie goes ahead and starts using cedar mulch because of my/one post here without doing anymore research.(going ahead and doing anything from one post/suggestion and not researching and coming to a safe conclusion for that matter)..well it's the newbie that's killing the T's,not me.I'm not going into detail about composted cedar mulch everytime I mention cedar mulch when it's already been done and can be found in the search option.I've also stated and used parenthesis around the words composted and fresh and made a brief statement about both.I don't think in no way was I being irresponsible.Not nice to make such quick accusations...:mad: ...peace..
naa, it was irresponsible.

i'm a newbie myself, and i'm looking for people who's advice I can trust. I now know that yours might be missing key information.

MIC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definitely coconut with a 15% vermiculite for better humidity condition and 1% charcoal powder for anti-mite purpose.

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use coco husk for my non burrowers, and a mix of topsoil and coco husk for any one that may like the opportunity to dig.

PrettyInInk87

Arachnopeon
Coconut fiber all the way. It's aweosome! I use it for my T's, and scorpion... No problems here.

Mara

Arachnopeon
I'm using coconut husk fiber. While new to T's, that's what I used for my emp before. Seems to work well.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
25%/75% pete humus/coco choir. Great burrowing mixture. Holds moisture well.

tarantulaeddie0

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Substrate mix

Dunno if anyone else has done this, but ive mixed 4 substrates together to make one and my Ts like it. Potting soil, coco fiber, eco earth and vermiculite.

pok2010

Arachnopeon
Cocofibre and live spagnim moss, with a kick of vermiculite somtimes, but mainly coco fibre, or coco fibre, and live spagnum moss {D