!!substrate inside the sack!!

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Hello all!

My B vagans droped her sack last nite!(after 7 days of landscapping!)
I noticed some substrate landed up in the "yellow liquid, not eggs" lol!
do you think this will deff cause rotting? or not necessarily? it was about 10 granials of coco peat!
ive seen it happen before, & that sack did rot! a coincadence maybe? or from the peat?
What do you guys think?

Thanx

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wish I could answer your question, but I'll be reviewing this thread to see what everyone else has to say. I would think the amount of moisture in the grains of coir would be the trigger. I rarely pull sacs and occassionally see a little substrate (and I use ground coconut as well) and I've never had a mold problem, but I keep my tanks drier than many to preclude phorid flies and mold. Congrats on the sac! Diane

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I noticed some substrate landed up in the "yellow liquid, not eggs" lol!
What yellow liquid are you talking about? The yellow "liquid" is the eggs so I don't know what other liquid you might be talking about. Was it before or after she laid webbing on top of the eggs?

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
What yellow liquid are you talking about? The yellow "liquid" is the eggs so I don't know what other liquid you might be talking about. Was it before or after she laid webbing on top of the eggs?
Hey bud! sorry was being salcastic! someone once said 'tarantulas dont lay eggs! they lay a yellow liquid!'
but anyway! the bit of peat went in with the eggs before the closing layer of web!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ahh I did not know someone had said that lol. Ya that could cause a problem, but hopefully it won't!